PDA

View Full Version : Why me?

DaveH
03-02-2007, 17:21
Some of you may be aware that some scrote smashed my window a couple of weeks ago. Last nite a well known local sh*t took my neighbours car and reversed out of the cul de sac straight into my rear quarter (just parked up after work). My bro heard the alarm go off and saw this astra driving up the road so we went looking for it and found it dumped with this girl hanging around it. what makes it better is the car belonged to the girls uncle, she was cleaning it to go in the loot! Now i say shes a girl but you wouldnt know it she's the steriotypical manc scally, fights lads, lesbian and hooked on concaine etc!

She promptly ran off and me and my g/f went after her, we grabbed her and brought her back to her uncles kicking and screaming ( I had to restrain her!) we waited for the police and theyve arrested her.

So we got her but my rear quarter is fooked and god knows how its gonna get paid for. Pics-

[/img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9265/damage005rh4.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5272/damage001nk3.jpg
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/908/damage006ae7.jpg[img]

So needless to say i was very p*ssed off last nite and had a very eventful day but what p*sses me off more is that the car was very tidy when i got it and you just cant have anything nice around here, sorry for the essay.

DaveH
03-02-2007, 17:24
Sorry direct link to pictures

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2888/damage005hu7.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6141/damage007ej3.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6232/damage006ll5.jpg

clowo16v
03-02-2007, 17:43
Get the rear inner quarter cards off and the plastic trim above the rear inner arch and bash it out a bit will probably need a new rear 1/4 to fix it and be straight tho.

Matt

Rich
03-02-2007, 17:46
thats really shit news mate, sorry to hear about the car! on a brighter note i really like those wheels :D

hopefully the little scally bitch will go to prison where the head lesbian will repeatedly kick her in the flaps!

annoys me so much people think they can just damage and/or take whatever they like!
hope it doesnt cost you too much to get it fixed

2 live
03-02-2007, 18:04
shitter that mate.....gutting wen shit like this happens.

as clowo says tho....bash it out from inside a bit...bit of filler an paint will see it rite.....or its a new rear 1/4 job.

DaveH
03-02-2007, 19:05
She will be going to prison Rich as the police that came know her very well and she's already up for assaulting her lesser, and apparently she's already banned even though she hasnt got a licence, its called an aggrovated twoc the aggrovated meaning causing damage and he said the courts treat that more harshly than assault etc. So hopefully the courts will contribute towards the cost of repair under criminal damages but who knows what will happen. it also takes the p*ss because she was arrested last nite and kept in for statement and i dropped the g/f off at work this morning and saw her hanging about on my way home.

About the car i would want a new quarter tbh as its difficult to tell from the pics but its creased nearer the door as well, itl never look right otherwise, ironic too because that was my good arch! looks like the quarter has been replaced before.

MAXIBOY
03-02-2007, 19:37
unlucky mate sorry to hear that hope she gets a long time but with prisons full how knows

DaveH
03-02-2007, 20:46
Police have just been to see me. She got bail until April when she's in for something else and they said she gave a name of a lad from Salford few miles away who was driving and said she was in the car but he was driving. It all boils down to the fact that nobody saw her driving the car so theres no evidence, theyre coming to check the car for prints tomorrow and if they find this lads prints theyll arrest him, if not, theyll arrest her again because it proves she was lying.

Its annoying because if she got done for it she was driving on a ban which is enough for a custodial sentence but if not she'll prob get away with it and the courts order her to pay 5 pound a week or whatever to me just because she's on the social. It would be a lot easier if she had a job, or if she had taken an insured car.

clowo16v
03-02-2007, 21:26
Baseball bat time methinks

Matt

Joel
03-02-2007, 22:15
Proper Shitter Mate, as Matt says batter the kid !! :twisted:

snowman
03-02-2007, 22:29
Deffo brick to the face job for the skank

Shitter about the car matey,like everyone else has said,try to hit it out a bit from the inside,i reckon you may get lucky with that by the pics,mine was very similar when it got hit but it doesnt show now with a bit of work.

DaveH
04-02-2007, 01:22
The judicial system is shit really as if i battered her (believe me i was close) id get put away but she's been in trouble that many times that she knows if she says somebody else was driving her punishment will be less.

The astra is sat outside now waiting for them to print it tomorrow and if there is no sign of a print from this lad she grassed up then they will re-arrest her for it.

I may attempt to straighten the car out but my bro knows a guy in Rochdale who does a lot of vw's bodywork so if anybody will be able to smooth it out he will, problem is he's mega dear!

nyk
04-02-2007, 01:56
who's that in Rochdale dave?

Me and Lee know a few very good body work people who do foreigners :wink:

DaveH
04-02-2007, 02:06
I forget the name of the place but i think the guy is called Ian and its a father and son company, they do a lot of the police cars in the area but do other stuff as well, i'll find out off my bro tomorrow.

All im concerned about is that a proper job gets done on the car as a job that you can tell has been done is my pet hate!

Winston
05-02-2007, 05:09
****ing nightmare Dave :evil:

I wish you luck with further on goings

VIPERONE
05-02-2007, 12:51
I forget the name of the place but i think the guy is called Ian and its a father and son company, they do a lot of the police cars in the area but do other stuff as well, i'll find out off my bro tomorrow.

All im concerned about is that a proper job gets done on the car as a job that you can tell has been done is my pet hate!

yup the guys down Trows Lane Castleton, or another garage callednulook motor bodies, but that ones only used for minor scrapes to cop cars,
the garage I highly recommend, they repaired my mates BMW to a v high standard, and a very cheap price

VIPERONE
05-02-2007, 12:58
i wasnt driving, lol a typical defence. If forensics are negative it will probably either go to trial, or be No further Actioned.

It'll be very difficult to prove she was driving even with fingerprints on the wheel- she could say shejust held on to it as she got out, etcetc..or sat in the seat when it was static to clean the dash etc... really need tosee her at the wheel.

then there's the issue of who had the keys on them, fibre clothing lifts from the seat etc etc.

to prove that she was driving beyond all reasonable doubt isnt the easiest.

Insurance wise i wouldnt worry, you can get paid out from the MIB, which helps victims like you.

DaveH
05-02-2007, 20:27
Yep i think its the same garage that put a new sill on my brothers vento, he used all vw parts even down to little gromets, iirc it was rather dear though.

The police man that is dealing with it is a really sound guy, has a lowered 106 gti with stainless etc and was gutted for me, its going to be a difficult to get any sort of pay-out from her as she's a bum on social. Im already dealing with the mib about a bus accident i was in a couple of years ago, would this affect anything?

I really dont know what my best course of action is, im unsure whether the panel is repairable, imo its not but some people i know seem to think it is. I can get a new unpainted panel for around 300 notes or get a second hand panel for 65 quid. My heads just a mess at the mo!

Oh and they finally took the car away for tests today.

nyk
05-02-2007, 20:32
personally I wouldnt get it repaired, get it replaced. Who wants a rear quarter full of filler, even if it is knocked out its gonna be a fair bit of filler to bog that up.

I have a friend that works at the Grange and his work is excellent, this is the one above in castleton that Gunner mentioned.

Your ongoing claim with MIB should not affect any future claim.

If your unsure, visit a few recommended body shops and ask their advice, as well as for a quote.

:lol:

DaveH
05-02-2007, 20:50
Cheers Nyk, ive just spoke to my brother and he agrees that itl never look right unless its replaced. I did have some plans to respray the front end and both bumpers too as theyre peeling/stone chipped but the plans will just have to get bigger!

Im still unsure which body shop it is but he's not called ian, its Matt. He's going to ring up tomorrow for a rough quote over the phone.

The only reason im not giving up on this car is that its my first performance ish car and its a rare colour. I still want it to be a mint quick example, i just advise everybody never to move to an M9/inner city post code lol

So its just a case of ringing the mib up and quoting my crime number then? Also will they let me sort it out and then pay for it or would they want to get it repaired themselves to save on costs etc?

DaveH
05-02-2007, 21:04
Just found out the garage he used was called nulook nearer the prison and was dear but i remember the job was spot on and you couldnt tell itd been done which is what im after really. Is this the one you highly recommend gunner or is that the other one in castleton?

He's going to speak to him tomorrow and possibly take the car for him to have a look at it, but i'll probably get a couple of quotes anyway so any recommended repairers are welcome.

VIPERONE
05-02-2007, 21:07
dont use nulook. use the one on Trows lane Castleton..maybe called Grange

http://www.mib.org.uk/

nyk
05-02-2007, 21:35
Aye, the grange bodyshop on trows lane in castleton. Dave if your gonna take it there for a quote let me know as it may be worth a visit down with you for some super discount. :wink:

The only other one I would recommend locally is my cousin, but he's very expensive.

:lol:

DaveH
06-02-2007, 01:11
I'l bear that in mind Nyk thanks, discounts are always welcome lol

DaveH
07-02-2007, 21:18
Ive just been to see Matt at nulook as i intend to shop around a bit. Defo wants to fit a new panel and as ive rust on that sill and peeling paint on the n/s/f wing he suggested its better to have the side painted. He's doing me a quote for that and then another for other bits i had planned anyway (front end and bumpers).

Overall view of the place is very good, he showed me the ferrari he's had there for years and a mint resprayed mk1 xr2. He's going to get back to me in a day or two with a price and then i will hopefully go to this one on Trows lane to compare prices etc.