PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fitted k-tec camber correction bolts?

drsmith1979
03-02-2007, 14:11
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the camber bolts on their williams? im picking my 3 up tomorrow so very excited! its been slightly lowered so im just thinking that the front camber may be slightly off and as im thinking of tracking it i would just like some advice?

DaveH
03-02-2007, 19:25
If your tracking it it depends what you want, mega grip or tyre life, increased negative camber will give you extra amounts of grip and better turn in etc but will chew your tyres up easier and give you uneven wear on the inner edge, cup racers are set up like this as its the best for handling but on race cars the tyres life isnt a concern, the best bet though is a compromise, a slight bit of neg camber but not excessive, obviously the only accurate way of doing it is a proper set-up session with either gauges or laser track and camber machine.

MAXIBOY
03-02-2007, 19:31
tracking adjusts toe not camber

matty
06-02-2007, 19:59
Using Supertracker camber correction bolts on my FK coilovers as they force you to run over 1.5 degrees negative camber and have no adjustment.

Only found the tyre wear when I had fronts off and inside quarter was bald compared to grip the rest of the tyre.

Many places sell the bolts, even H&R and must be cheaper than Ktec.

And then you need to spend some money to get camber accurately set up. I used Northampton Motorsport and the price is reflected in the kit they use. The place that originally fitted the coilovers just did so on the floor and that can't have been as level.

Tommo
07-02-2007, 18:35
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the camber bolts on their williams? im picking my 3 up tomorrow so very excited! its been slightly lowered so im just thinking that the front camber may be slightly off and as im thinking of tracking it i would just like some advice?

Mine has had camber bolts fitted by Prima Racing, and is run on Konis, never had any probs with uneven tyre wear etc.

J_A_R_B
09-02-2007, 15:35
I run the k-tec camber bolts with about 1.75 of negative camber i get a pretty good wear from the tyres.

James

bill.
09-02-2007, 15:41
how much are these camber bolts?

MAXIBOY
09-02-2007, 16:40
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=799

AmDaMan
09-02-2007, 16:44
I put it on the most positive they go and i bet it's still a negative camber :lol:

MAXIBOY
09-02-2007, 16:49
think the ford ones fit and there cheaper though

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/DSC00770-1.jpg

AndyFielder
09-02-2007, 18:20
why not just make some!

drsmith1979
09-02-2007, 18:31
only reason i ask is that my car has been lowered, too low imo but just want to makesure its not affected things too much, steering rack feels like its got a little play in it so im looking to get it welded up and then attack it from there!

Jamie.
09-02-2007, 18:35
Mine has had camber bolts fitted by Prima Racing, and is run on Konis, never had any probs with uneven tyre wear etc.

someone told me they dont do konis for williams'

bill.
10-02-2007, 01:07

someone told me they dont do konis for williams'

sure they do mate

2 live
10-02-2007, 14:11
when i was sarching for my coilovers.only gaz.not even worth considering imo....AVO and LEDA made coilies for the williams.

tommo...are u sure they williams shocks??? sounds like the koni valver shocks may be fitted tbh, and the camber bolts used to bring the settings back to std.

Clio_GTT
10-02-2007, 14:15
when i was sarching for my coilovers.only gaz.not even worth considering imo....AVO and LEDA made coilies for the williams.

tommo...are u sure they williams shocks??? sounds like the koni valver shocks may be fitted tbh, and the camber bolts used to bring the settings back to std.

There was a lad on here who had 16v shocks on his williams set up and the camber was waaaayy out, think his name was Dan, i sold him some willy shocks and it remedied the prob, maybe try some willy shocks like 2live says