PDA

View Full Version : Who is over moderating posts????

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 23:05
Stop deleting perfectly good threads. Its pissing everyone off

If this thread gets deleted im resigning as area rep. If this site gets over moderated im leaving.

Rich
08-05-2005, 23:30
yeah you tell em KS! we don't want cs style mods please!

NickFr
08-05-2005, 23:32
Are you referring to the recent thread ref 172-182, if so I am less than amused.

My answer included mentioning that only one thread had been deleted since I had become a member.
2 Area reps reply and bingo thread deleted with no explanation!!

Whats going on!!!!! seb posed a perfectly reasonable post deserving of a perfectly reasonable answer I AM FULLY CAPABLE OF REPLYING IN THAT MANNER THANK YOU :evil:

NickFr
08-05-2005, 23:33
Stop deleting perfectly good threads. Its pissing everyone off

If this thread gets deleted im resigning as area rep. If this site gets over moderated im leaving.

DITTO DITTO DITTO

northy
09-05-2005, 07:45
not me lads...not deleted anything !

First time ive been on since thursday.

NickFr
09-05-2005, 11:20
Who was it then?

FlamingMonkey
09-05-2005, 11:23
Only leaves 2 others :shock:

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 11:30
It wasnt Summeh i asked him. :shock:

FlamingMonkey
09-05-2005, 11:48
dum dum dum.......... :?:

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 12:06
Fatboys been on the Stellas again.

NickFr
09-05-2005, 12:09
I was more pissed of with the fact that I had taken ages to write a reply and found my reply posted into CYBERSPACE......in future only YES or NO answers :wink:

FlamingMonkey
09-05-2005, 12:10
lol

NickFr
09-05-2005, 12:15
lol

YES

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 12:17
No

NickFr
09-05-2005, 12:18
No

NO.....My head hurts :oops:

northy
09-05-2005, 16:38
was there any reason for the post to be deleted guys ???? im sure paul wouldnt of done it just because.

NickFr
09-05-2005, 17:01
was there any reason for the post to be deleted guys ???? im sure paul wouldnt of done it just because.

Had a ciggy to think about a suitable reply. I am new to forum's full stop and as such speak from little experience, if this forum is owned and run by you and Fatboy, then it prehaps is your perogative to delete threads that you deem unreasonable, defamatory or just plain rude, or reflecting badly on the integrity of this forum.

However, if it is to be run by consensus, ie everyone is in effect a contributor and part owner...I use this term in its loose form, then deleting threads without any explanation is just plain WRONG!!

So far, it has survived and thrived on being reasonably self modded, I feel sure that if someone truly overstepped the mark, they would feel the full wrath of all its members.

CS has come in for some justifiable crticism for being over modded by individuals with personal agenda's and appears in part to be run by young inexperienced people, whose judgement at times appears flawed.....lets hope that this has been nothing more than a misunderstanding.....time will tell if we are to be told the true reasons why this was done :?

FATBOY
09-05-2005, 18:08
yes i deleted it! and what????? basically people im fed up with the williamsclio site is anti cliosport! it pisses me off all the time we have this running feud with them! so i deleted it! END OF

MatBrown
09-05-2005, 18:30
Fair enough, but i didn't even see the post.

I don't see the point in the petty bickering, but i'm neutral.

Mat.

2 live
09-05-2005, 18:34
i dint see it either......an im not bickerin with em either......cos they not worth mentioning any more imo

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 18:38
'END OF'

Are we children? Do we like to be talked to like this?

That sounds alot like something special k would post Fatboy. Just remember just as easily as the members came to this site from cliosport, they can just as easily disapear to another site. You would do well to remember that this site has become successful because of the lack of moderation and the ability to talk about any subject.

I hope that freedom of speach continues to be allowed, and censorship stops here. As far as i can tell that thread was perfectly correct and good natured, and had no anti-cliosport sentiment.

NickFr
09-05-2005, 18:53
The thread wasn't anti CS and you losing your temper and posting END OF is just bloody CHILDISH.....its all mine and I aint sharing my sweets!!

You want to ban me then do what the F**K you want..I RESIGN and you can stick your two gold wheels where the SUN don't shine :twisted:

My nine year old behaves better than this...this aint ROME and you aint NERO....I thought this was for GROWN UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FATBOY
09-05-2005, 18:58
only trying to give you people something you want! thats it after FCS northy can deal with it all!

J o n
09-05-2005, 19:21
:roll:

come on guys... jeez

FlamingMonkey
09-05-2005, 19:24
Funny thing is the thread was no where near as close to the bone as the Mitchy one...lol

big hp
09-05-2005, 19:42
Make love not war boys. Group orgy at FCS anyone???

FATBOY don't make any rash decisions fella :)

Mark_Ritchspeed
09-05-2005, 19:56
Lol. Everyone calm down a bit. I understand Fatboys reasons for deleting the thread, but at the same time disagree with them. If it had turned into a slanging match then I would have understood, but it all seemed good natured and the questions asked by Seb were very reasonable and so were the answers. IMO of course.

I appreciate all the effort that has gone into this site, from Fatboy, Northy and everyone involved. Keep the good work going, at the same time, remember that the majority of us visit this forum as we are likeminded enthusiasts and a bit of banter is what makes it great. Look how much its grown in a very short time and will continue to grow if we dont become over-moderated and told what we can and cant post. I like the fact you can say what you feel, without worrying about it being deleted or moderated. If someone oversteps the mark then fair enough, pull the thread or warn the individual.

Until that happens, leave it run, as we are all grown-up enough to (hopefully) admit when were wrong and if we dont, I'm sure everyone else will let you know.

I also dont envy the position of being a moderator 1 little bit. :D

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 20:16
The post i made about putting someone in hospital, for example, deserved to be deleted. :D

NickFr
09-05-2005, 20:17
I am going to drink a lot of Vodka and not in "Moderation" and make some sense of all of this. I have tried to contribute to this forum, even though I don't have any technical knowledge, or any great knowledge of this wonderful little car.

I live in a really remote location and this forum has become important to me...maybe too important...I regret my OUTBURST earlier, but principals are often more important as you grow older.....but so is self restraint!!

Fatboy, I apologise for my earlier outburst, although in principal I feel what I said was correct...but not the manner...I was RUDE and NO one person is bigger than this club or forum prehaps even you.

I have always tried to be fair and even handed in my posts and replies and would prefer to draw a close to this unfortuanate episode.

My decision to resign will stand if you wish....or not, whatever LIFES TO SHORT

Kind Regards Nick....now off to get pissed :wink:

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 20:49
Haha, another alcoholic. Whens the first France meet?

I fancy a trip down this summer.

northy
10-05-2005, 07:54
Well i can agree with paul that some people posting do not like cliosport...fair doo's ! but can you please leave it as a personal grudge only. Its common sence.

Nick...dont u dare leave.

Paul...its only the odd post which appears every now and again...but thats why we are here. But If thats what you want to do mate.

From what ive heard about the post it was a whats wrong with a 172 / 182.
Nothing in my eyes...they are good cars. All friendly bannter and people pulling each others legs. Part of everyday life lads.

From now on any post or topic that is deleted (for what ever reason) will go into a special area (deleted posts) and will be locked for one day and then deleted. A record of why the post was removed will be sent to the people concerned.

I certainly can see why people get upset.....but come on guys...lets not get the handbags out.

GazTwo
10-05-2005, 09:46
only trying to give you people something you want! thats it after FCS northy can deal with it all!

C'mon mate sort yourself out, this is the second time u have suggested this....u can't keep chucking your toys out and say it's northy's then when everthing's running well your happy to run it....I know northy's a busy man at the moment.....buying a house, organising FCS etc....he doesn't need to be coming on here calming people down when u have a go, he just wants to be able to get on here in his spare time and have a chat with friends.....this site runs itself and as many people keep telling u without the members or forum user's u ain't got nothing.

Northy enjoys what he does for this site and puts a lot of effort, I know u have also put a lot into this site but if u see it more as a Job maybe u should hand it over and become a member or forum user like us and just sit back and post hassle free.

northy
10-05-2005, 10:11
cheers gaz.

All im concerned with now is the fact that i have a lot of money invested in the site. Stickers, banners, flyers and website design. I just dont want any members or users to leave the site.

big hp
10-05-2005, 12:57
Going off topic,

I take it you'll be bringing Stickers to FCS northy?

northy
10-05-2005, 12:59
yes mate....silver / blue & gold / blue

big hp
10-05-2005, 13:01
Well i'll be in my williams then so it has to be gold for me. I'll be joining there but i've already spoke with FATBOY about that. :)

FATBOY
10-05-2005, 16:30
thought i was doing right which obviously wasnt! so i will hold my hands up to that! nick no worries mate but i was shocked by your reply saying shove your 2 speedlines up my ass! one thing i will say is i had a very bad day sunday! and anything ive posted was just of the top of my head and not my heart!

KingStromba
10-05-2005, 17:24
We still love you fatboy, but im afraid we are going to have to tie you up at the FCS and hold you down as Nick attempts to insert those speedlines. :wink:

NickFr
10-05-2005, 18:12
thought i was doing right which obviously wasnt! so i will hold my hands up to that! nick no worries mate but i was shocked by your reply saying shove your 2 speedlines up my ass! one thing i will say is i had a very bad day sunday! and anything ive posted was just of the top of my head and not my heart!

Next time I won't threaten to do anything quite as technical :lol: We all have bad days....keep yourself well fella :wink:

FATBOY
10-05-2005, 18:25
We still love you fatboy, but im afraid we are going to have to tie you up at the FCS and hold you down as Nick attempts to insert those speedlines. :wink: :shock: :wink:

Tommo
11-05-2005, 12:24
I want some speedlines Northy :x (not in the rectal area tho!)

northy
11-05-2005, 12:53
ok mr bonnet pin.

Tommo
11-05-2005, 12:55
Cheers mate :D

MrAtego
11-05-2005, 22:04
And Relax!!! Phhhhhh