PDA

View Full Version : R5 Clutch in a valver/willy

Ingram11
01-02-2007, 19:57
not a technical question as such,i know sum1 with a brand new clutch for an R5GTT,says i can have that and the box for 30 quid lol?i ant got n e use for the box,but might just ask to buy the clutch instead?

will it fit

will it last longer/not as long

wat difference will it make

how much different are thay to the standard F7P/F7R Ones

thanks lads

wavy
01-02-2007, 20:00
from what iv read
yes they will fit no prob
a bit harsh for every day driving
its either on or off - no in between
but some ppl say no problem with thiers

YOU DECIDE lol

Ingram11
01-02-2007, 20:08
so i shall stick to standard thn lol

wat way d u mean harsh
with pedal or sumthin

Andy P
01-02-2007, 20:15
Had a uprated one in my hybrid, and yeah they are pretty snatchy to begin with and your leg will probably ache.

Id have another one though!

DaveH
01-02-2007, 21:02
Is it a standard r5 gtt clutch or an uprated one as what Hooligan says goes for the uprated one, not sure on the standard one. Not much point in the uprated one unless your running a fair bit of power or have a particularly harsh driving style :twisted: imo

BRUN
01-02-2007, 21:02
i never had any problems with my GTT with the clutch, didnt think it was any worse than the valver

Andy P
01-02-2007, 23:19
I think i saw reciepts for £60 for the uprated 5 turbo clutch. And that was from GSF.

Smudger
02-02-2007, 10:49
The uprated 5 turbo clutch is the Valeo Volvo 440 turbo clutch

it is allot stiffer but i wouldnt say on or off just takes a bit of time to get used to it

good thing tho is that because its rated to 200lbs ft of torque it should last forever in a willy

if you are a bit of a pansey tho you can get the extended clutch arm that is used on the Volvo, this makes the pedal allot softer and more managable for those tho cant get used to it

Clio_GTT
02-02-2007, 19:27

it is allot stiffer but i wouldnt say on or off just takes a bit of time to get used to it

good thing tho is that because its rated to 200lbs ft of torque it should last forever in a willy

if you are a bit of a pansey tho you can get the extended clutch arm that is used on the Volvo, this makes the pedal allot softer and more managable for those tho cant get used to it

you can also get the extended clutch arm from renault, they have them on the 172

Ingram11
03-02-2007, 14:36
ia the 5 clutch better performance wise tho??

matty w
03-02-2007, 16:58

if you are a bit of a pansey tho you can get the extended clutch arm that is used on the Volvo, this makes the pedal allot softer and more managable for those tho cant get used to ita williams clutch is bigger than a 5 clutch,no need to uprate standard are fine