PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Key Fob problems? Help!

mk1 clio
01-02-2007, 01:29
Hi Guys and gals,

I have just replaced the battery in my key fob (separate to the key itself) for the cobra alarm, its on a ph1 valver but I'm not sure if its the original alarm or not.

Everything was working perfect (apart from the signal was getting weaker, so you had to hold it closer ans closer to the car to get it to activate or de-activate.) But now it wont do anything, there is a small red light that will light on the keyfob when the button is pressed but it wont do anything.

Any ideas on how to solve it? Has changing the battery in the fob erased its memory? :roll: And if so is there a way to reprogramme it?

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers,

Darren

mk1 clio
01-02-2007, 02:02
Its a cobra 7918 if that helps any, ive disconnected the car battery to see if it makes any difference, i will post if it fixes it in the morning!

Cheers,

Darren

northy
01-02-2007, 08:46
try hold it down for 5 seconds.....does it work then ?

will see if i have my instructions on how to reprogram keys.

mk1 clio
01-02-2007, 16:45
cheers for the reply, managed to get the manual from the cobra website, so heres the link if anyone has similar problems in the future >>

http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk/content/dealerAreaDocs/User_Manuals/7908_User_Manual.pdf

And heres what to do for those that can not be bothered to look! :P

Re-synchronisation

1. stand close to the car and press and hold down both buttons until the LED on the remote key goes out - approximately 10 seconds.

2. Release both buttons - the LED will come on constantly.

3. Then press button ‘A' for approximately 1 second - the LED will flash - this should complete re-synchronisation.

Theres also a way to reprogramme the key in there some were if needed, but this sorted out mine and its working 100% again