PDA

View Full Version : Williams Wide track conversion

cliokongen
31-01-2007, 16:02
Yes - i know.... It has been discussed many times allready.... :D

Like here:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15915&highlight=track+conversion+williams

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7316&highlight=track+conversion+williams

As far as I can understand the following parts are the same for both the Valver and the Williams:
RH and LH hubs - they have the same part no.
Subframe for the williams is double skinned, but otherwise identical with the Valver item.

ARB, dampers/springs, driveshafts L/R, suspension arms L/R
are different - so this is what i should be searching for.
At this point I have the ARB with the different hardware for fitting it and the suspension arms.

And now the questions:

Are the driveshafts identical to the 19 16v items?

Where can i find the driveshafts "cheap - ish" - i know they are expensive.

If the hubs are identical for the Valver and Williams, and the subframe is "identical" apart from the double skin, there must be a difference in angle which the damper attaches to the hub.
The difference must be in the bottom mounting position of the damper?
Has anybody compared a Valver and a Williams damper unit - pictures?

Michael

Winston
31-01-2007, 16:07
Dampers ...are angled different to valver shocks ....iirc you can bore out the holes ...don't quote me tho lol

One of the 19 shafts fits (not sure which) ...but the other is williams only, You can pick up second hand shafts for under £100

Winston
31-01-2007, 16:08
Best to buy williams shocks ...forget the boring comment

cliokongen
31-01-2007, 17:33
Hmmm....

If possible I would prefer to keep my Clio Cup dampers.
They are really good. Maybe a little hard for normal driving around.
But only use the car for track days in the summer.
The Camber can be adjusted with those dampers. But enough? Don't know...

Michael

cliokongen
31-01-2007, 18:50
Dampers ...are angled different to valver shocks ....iirc you can bore out the holes ...don't quote me tho lol

One of the 19 shafts fits (not sure which) ...but the other is williams only, You can pick up second hand shafts for under £100

Anybody know which one it is?

Michael

Clio_GTT
31-01-2007, 18:55
The NS shaft can be used from the 19 16v (its the shortest one with the gaitor that attaches to the gearbox)

Other shaft is williams specific.

Using 16v shocks will give you loads of neg (i think) camber, not too bad on a circuit but hell on the roads.

white16valver
13-02-2007, 15:04
Completely off topic...

but didn't I meet you at Yoz's party Cliokongen? lol :D

cliokongen
13-02-2007, 20:53
Completely off topic...

but didn't I meet you at Yoz's party Cliokongen? lol :D

You sure did!!! :D

Michael

white16valver
15-02-2007, 19:57
I hope you had less of a hangover than me - I couldn't eat or really move 'til about half 6 in the evening, when I finally felt human enough to drive! LoL :lol: