PDA

View Full Version : Not starting

vts_saxo
31-01-2007, 09:39
For the past few days the williams hasn’t been very keen to start, until two mornings ago it would, I thought the battery was finished as it ran out of energy to turn the engine very quickly. Thought id try a new battery and it started first time then for 3 more short journeys that night, go to the car this morning and nothing. It was turning over very quick with new battery but only giving occasional kicks, I could smell fuel after a good few goes of trying to start it, could it be electrical??

Help would be good thanks

colin

Rich
31-01-2007, 10:17
tyr the plugs leads, dizzy, coil if its turning over quick enough. also could be the crank angle sensor. when the occasional kick is happening do the revs jump when it does this also or does the kneedle not move?

vts_saxo
31-01-2007, 10:20
tyr the plugs leads, dizzy, coil if its turning over quick enough. also could be the crank angle sensor. when the occasional kick is happening do the revs jump when it does this also or does the kneedle not move?

The kick is very slight, the needle does move but by 1-2mm, i do know that leads and dizzy havnt been changed for ages, but plugs are newish.

Would the crank sensor work one day then not the next?? I thought when they broke the broke?

vts_saxo
31-01-2007, 14:19
Just been home and tryed the car, wont start but occansionally kicks. There is a spark at all cylinders and i can smell fuel comnig through but need to properly check that(how do you do that) any ideas?? I take it the imobiliser isnt cutting in as the engine is free to turn??

thanks

colin

Smudger
31-01-2007, 14:29
christ i havent started my williams in 3 weeks

cant wait to try it the weekend

lol

vts_saxo
31-01-2007, 14:37
christ i havent started my williams in 3 weeks

cant wait to try it the weekend

lol

thanks for the help :roll:

stew
31-01-2007, 15:04
did this when paul had it. hairdryer and dry all the plugs, ht leads, dizz cap etc, then away you go.

iirc we replaced the flywheel sensor and it did fook all. just damp/wet.

good luck gimmie a shout if u need me.

vts_saxo
31-01-2007, 15:18
You might be on to something stew, the car sat for nearly 3 weeks without any use then it wouldnt start when i went to use it, left it for the day, changed the battery and it ran fine last night, go out this morning and nothing, will hair dry everything out tonight.

thanks for your help

colin