PDA

View Full Version : your opinion's please

richy
08-05-2005, 20:46
what to do with my williams!!! at the moment it is broken and not going anywere, so im looking for a cheapish diesal car for work and back, now i should be getting a pay rise soon(fingers crossed), so my dad has said to use the williams for trackdays and weekends which if i can find cheap enough insurence then i may? otherwise it will proberly end up going for sure, i have room to keep it and have already spent alot of time and money on it !

what u reckon keep it for trackdays etc, ie some changes nothing drastic?? lightening up better brakes etc?

also anyone know any good companys that will insure it as second car limited use weekend car etc

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 20:50
Keep it and track it. The biggest weakness for the WIlly is the standard brakes, which are easily and cheaply sorted. :wink:

The other thing that wears badly on track, is the front bottom ball joints, which may need replacing as often as every 2-3 track days. This again is cheap as they only cost around £12 each.

The only other thing to do is beef up the front springs, which is also easily and cheaply done. :wink:

As for insurance, you may be better keeping the more expensive policy for the Clio and getting something cheaper every day and start a new policy for that..

richy
08-05-2005, 20:55
well i know were i will be getting brakes and springs if i do mark :wink:

got 2 new ball joints in garage waiting to go on!

i need to look into what combos i can do with insurence as ive only got 1ncd!!