PDA

View Full Version : My valver---the story so far!

zmaster2k
30-01-2007, 00:17
So she hassnt been too well!

Bought a bad one! :(

Had it 2 weeks and the cam belt slipped 4 teeth! causing just a little bit of damage! However.... had my mechanic repair it for £260 inc parts and as a result its much better, but now has a very distinct tappet noise when cold :(

So felt i had better treat her and buy her a carbon fibre bonnet and a superchip.

Then the alternator went! a week later! so obviously iam gutted! and mad!

and at the time couldnt find one for shit!

so took it off the road then waited until i had some more money behind me!

Now christmas has passed and i have more money behind me, i had decided its about time to get the beast back on the road!!

So took her o see my mechanic again and he was to look it over before its MOT to highlight any problems!

Bad news, obviously had an MOT then had an accident!

it had a broken wishbone, lower swivel joint and a bent rear axel and the wheels (although they look great) are the wrong offset so scrub on full lock!

Sourced the parts and now its just a wait to see what else the MOT picks up on thursday!

But she Will be back!

I now really dont care about cost! SHE WILL BE BACK!

To be continued......... :?: :!: :?: :!:

wavy
30-01-2007, 00:24
unlucky mate
does sound like u got it right at the wrong time
it'll be worth it im sure :wink:

nyk
30-01-2007, 00:24
what a shitter.

get some pics up wen she's fixed.

:lol:

zmaster2k
30-01-2007, 00:29
Result ive just one a pair of bucket seats & bonnet pins in a game of poker with a mate :D

ha ha!

Also sourced some Minty Mint Turbines for her aswell (thanks wrighty) which are getting sandblasted! and powdercoated ..black/antracite

She will be a beast!

Then its bonus time in march..........F7R time Maybe? or a respray?

dan 16v
30-01-2007, 22:39
F7R ;)

unlucky about all the problems, my alternator is also screwed. Should of tested it really before replacing the battery :(

Is that a rad out job does anyone know?

Coops
30-01-2007, 22:43
can squeeze it out by loosening top rad mounts n shiftin it forward

1995clio16v
31-01-2007, 00:04
What is it with alternators, everyone's seems to be going at the moment, mine went about 3 weeks ago!

Good luck mate, i find that with mine everything comes in chunks, load of things go wrong within a couple of weeks then she'll be ok for 3 or 4 months then it comes round again, but theyre definately worth the wait! Great fun.

Ive gotten to the point now where i will no way sell her because ive spent that much of my own time and £'s :x repairing her that its worth more to me than selling it for £1700!

Coops
31-01-2007, 00:05
winter! car uses more electricity, more strain on em rather than tickin over in the summer months, they give up the ghost!