PDA

View Full Version : megane 2.0 16v

farmergiles
29-01-2007, 09:02
hi all new to the site,have just bought a megane 16v with the same engine as the williams.why does it seem to be soo much slower when there is only 50 or so kilos in the weight difference?
are there any mechanical or electrical differences that i could change or is it identical to the williams and its just the weight slowing it down?
what would be the best starting point for tuning mods and are there any decent tuners within 75mile radius of chester?

summeh
29-01-2007, 15:09
You sure it's only a 50kg difference? In any case thats the difference of a tank of fuel, so you would notice it.

stan
29-01-2007, 16:06
hmmm..I replied to this this morning :?

What i said was, the engines are only the same in terms of capacity and short block fitment (rods and crank and pistons are near as damn it the same)...the head is completely different.

And yes, i would think theres more than 50kg difference?

Chris H
29-01-2007, 17:53
only a 50kg difference if theres constantly a 25 stone fat bitch in the back of the Williams

summeh
29-01-2007, 18:50
doing a quick scan of google search results shows meganes should be around 1250kg+ ...

Well thats ~260Kg heavier than a Williams... Which is quite a lot considering only 150bhp.

Thats also equal to 3 people... So a comparison would be fair :roll: if the williams was 4 up, vs 1 up in the megane :P

1995clio16v
29-01-2007, 23:34
My mate purchased one of these and he took me out for a spin, no where near as quick as my standard valver, it felt no where near, it was shite! Thats no insult to the poster of the topic, just my experience.

richy
29-01-2007, 23:36
its just the weight difference, ive driven a few of these and they go ok, but they tend to have airbags/half leather and lots more sound proofing etc then a clio!

1995clio16v
29-01-2007, 23:52
Exactly, Id love to have a do with a new 197 in my standard clio, i reckon it would be close, because as Tiff said on that review of the williams against the new 197, the new 197 is 4 people heavier than the williams/16v, thats serious weight!

Its on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

Power to weight ratio! :o

Ive posted a thing about a mongoose exhaust in performance tuning if any of you guys have any suggestions about my topic,

cheers
Leigh

car13
05-02-2007, 14:51
Decat or buy old cat and knock inerds out, airfilter should see a few bhp and make a little more lively. Some new plugs leads and a service will help may be worth getting new coil pack to make sure its giving 100%

Diet time, depending on application theres a lot of stuff you can bin, if you have ever lifted carpets your will be amazed at the stuff fitted to a shell for sound deaderning.....

We got 2 bin bags full from clio 172 when converting to track toy we also binded aircon and fittings, if yours has a sunroof (most do) weight is all in the wrong place......