PDA

View Full Version : Help me please before I cry!!

Danny-ACE!
25-01-2007, 21:29
couple of weeks ago I cracked my oil sump.
I ordered a sump from Infinicar. Bloke was very helpful. I usually use them for parts I need when I find out how much Reanult want to rip me off.
He said He didnt have any Williams engines in to take the sump off but said the PH2 Valver ones were the same. Cast ally sumps. He said the plastic bit would be different but I could swop them over.

I ordered a few parts from renault, bolts, roll pin blah blah and have had a rest for a couple of days while I waited. Just about to swap the baffles over on the sumps today and found the sumps are completley different castings. The internal ribs and the plastic part mounting points are different.

At a guess Id say that I cant use the Valver sump and plastic bit because the feed pipe and dipstick wouldnt line up?

Stan, BenR, ANYONE! give me and answer please.

Williams sumps from Reanult are £240. Anyone got one for sale? :)

Thankyou!

Coops
25-01-2007, 22:19
me, i have one in sheffield :wink:

Danny-ACE!
25-01-2007, 22:20
How much?

MattyH16valver
25-01-2007, 22:57
Infinicar are a joke...they messed JayS round a lot too...sold him incorrect parts etc...

dan-hipgrave
25-01-2007, 23:30
yeh ive not had a good experience with them either..hope you get it sorted matey.

Laine_16v
28-01-2007, 20:43
Lol ive had bad experiences too.

u33db
28-01-2007, 21:20
Never had a problem TBH and i've ordered heaps.

Pauls also always been helpful and knows a lot but TBF he's not the only person who works there and mistakes sometimes do happen.

Have you spoken to him about sorting it out?

Danny-ACE!
28-01-2007, 22:32
Yeah, he was really nice about it. I dont have a problem with them at all. They are nice guys. They just said they will try and find another one for me. Would give me a ring in a couple of days.

Lunner
28-01-2007, 23:10
Been round there beofre, paul is a decent bloke, but strikes me as a guy who is busy all the time so forgets bits and peices, also his mechanic, forget his name now its been that long since i've been tehre, nice bloke too.....shame about the prices he charges for gear tho.........matbrown is my parts man 8)