PDA

View Full Version : Always amazed at just how good

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-05-2005, 21:26
Honda Integras are. I know this is a Clio forum, but I'm going to say it anyway. ITR's blow me away. Just got back from a 350 mile round trip to Yorkshire to deliver a car and these things are just mind-blowing.

I cant think of any engine that ticks more boxes for me than the B18C Type R. Anyway, this was my steed for the day. Advertised and sold within 24 hours. :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Mark_Ritchspeed/smlteg1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Mark_Ritchspeed/smlteg4.jpg

big hp
07-05-2005, 21:29
My friends got one and they are awesome cars, no doubt about it.

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-05-2005, 21:33
A Clio would just be amazing with a B18C dumped in the front. :twisted:

big hp
07-05-2005, 21:37
My mate keeps going on about doing it to my naples valver. He's got a engine and box sat in his garage. I know he's more than capable of plumbing it in as well. He works at a porsche race team and you should see some of the customer cars (non porsches) with different engines in them. He runs a zetec turbo mk1 xr2 244bhp and 236lb/ft as his track/sprint car and its a beast.

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-05-2005, 21:44
Does it come with the box as well? I have thought about this in the past, but now I really want to get on with it.

Too many projects though at the moment, so the Clio will have to wait a while.

big hp
08-05-2005, 00:55
Yes he's got engine, box and loom. He was going to work it for his teggy but its hardly getting any use.

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 10:39
If you decide not to do it. Can you let me know if hes willing to sell it please?

TwisT
08-05-2005, 11:01
how much do ITR's sell for mark ? whats the price range average?

do they 'feel' fast, i think they have less torque than a williams being 1800cc ?

hondas have always interested me as the turbo and supercharger kits (2-3k) are cheap compared to the same on a williams, and the power goes way over 300 with good torque increase.

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 11:59
Agree mark, ive never driven one, but all the evo writers on the mag shoot i went on were saying the only FW drive car they would consider over the Williams would be the Teg type R. Pretty much for the reasons you say.

In fact the guy were impressed with the willy lump too. One of the writers got back after a test drive and said that he wished they still made engines like that. All the guys said the engine was one of the big grin factors of both cars, obviously moreso in the teg.

In fact its one of the reasons they hated the M3. Nice engine, but so quiet and clinical. Takes the fun out of driving it.

big hp
08-05-2005, 13:23
If you decide not to do it. Can you let me know if hes willing to sell it please?

I doubt we'll do it to my valver to be honest. I'll ask him but its not actually for sale, but then again if you don't ask you don't get.

MatBrown
08-05-2005, 13:43
I cant think of any engine that ticks more boxes for me than the B18C Type R. Anyway, this was my steed for the day. Advertised and sold within 24 hours. :cry:

How much did it sell for?

Mat.

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 15:19
£6200 it sold for.

Twist, they certainly feel fast as well and will well and truly spank a Clio through the gears. I have never really noticed a lack of torque in the ITR's. To be honest they feel more torquey than an 1800 16v before the VTEC zone and when the VTEC kicks in they absolutely fly.

If I am perfectly honest, I would have used an ITR for the base for my rally car, but at the end of the day a standard car would end up owing me the same amount as a fully prepared Clio. If I was to use an ITR and rally prep it properly it would end up costing me around £10k instead of around £5.5k for the Clio.

MatBrown
08-05-2005, 15:25
I do still like them and probably the only car that i would consider to replace the Williams's.

N reg seems like a very early one!

Mat.

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 15:31
Yep. Nreg is one of the first 1996 JDM spec Integras which have 197bhp as standard so 10bhp up on the UK cars and with stiffer suspension.

The driving experience is surprisingly similar between the Willy and Integra and they both have advantages in different areas. Down a tight, twisty, bumpy b-road the WIlliams would have the edge, but once onto faster sweeping A-roads or the race track the Integra comes into its own.

What both cars have in bucket loads, is the grin factor which in my experience even cars like Evos cant replicate.

VIPERONE
08-05-2005, 15:47
I agree they are good cars... but unfortunately,.. it a car to deliver curries in.

2 live
08-05-2005, 17:05
n the 1 i spanked round oulton mustve been very poorly driven then hehe

he fell off tryin to stay with me.got a vid of me passing both craggy n the teg somewhere

richy
08-05-2005, 19:43
yeah lol we was sat with that teg for 5lap solid in a vts lol, but he pulled off with no pads left iirc(the teg)

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 20:27
To be fair, I dont think many people drive a Teg the way it should be driven. The circuit capabilities of one of these cars really is immense.

richy
08-05-2005, 20:48
although i havent been in one myself id proberly agree with u , in the right hands im sure it will be more then capable to match most cars going, and not talking small hatchs!

Purple
09-05-2005, 09:14
Test drove the 98-99 JDM model few years ago for half-day with a view to replace the Williams. In terms of performance, I think Williams has an edge in traffic with it's size, nimbleness & low-end torque. But anything above 110kph, the Integra should pull away.

But, ultimately, I gave up on the idea as the Integra was too noisy & uncomfortable as a daily car. Also its handling felt too "grown-up". The longer wheelbase makes its tail swing round a tad slower, while the Williams has a snappier tail response and much better throttle adjustability. Both great FWD cars, but the Clio just felt feistier.

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 09:17
Test drove the 98-99 JDM model few years ago for half-day with a view to replace the Williams. In terms of performance, I think Williams has an edge in traffic with it's size, nimbleness & low-end torque. But anything above 110kph, the Integra should pull away.

But, ultimately, I gave up on the idea as the Integra was too noisy & uncomfortable as a daily car. Also its handling felt too "grown-up". The longer wheelbase makes its tail swing round a tad slower, while the Williams has a snappier tail response and much better throttle adjustability. Both great FWD cars, but the Clio just felt feistier.

Plus the Integra was £300,000 :wink:

Purple
09-05-2005, 09:24
Plus the Integra was £300,000 :wink:

A snip at 40k pounds. You have no idea how keen I was until the test drive. It was just too tiring. Went home trying to convince the wife that it was the perfect car for her. :D "Honey, if I sound-insulate the whole car, the engine roar will completely disappear". She didn't fall for it. :P