PDA

View Full Version : An annoying 3 points for me - Grrrr

Daz.
24-01-2007, 19:20
Typical isn't it - cars been off the road for two weeks due to void insurance over the alarm and a rear brake problem I needed to finish off fixing...

Alarm fitted, happy insurance company, fixed the brakes and did a 4 wheel off proper clean! The wheels looked fantastic - also gave the rear arches a good clean down.. So I was feeling nice and happy!

Took her out on Sunday to ease her back into life... warmed up a tad and was on my way home and decided up the dual carriageway to give it a quick blast in second gear and test the brakes...

Just at the top of 2nd slammed on.. yup everythings fine lets trickle on home when I noticed the galaxy on the other side of the road... thought nothing of it I'd not exceeded any limits and I'd slammed on so obviously I can't get anything....

WRONG!

Fook me if I wasn't doing 58mph and nowhere near the limiter?!? (standard)..

I'm so so so angry - If I was being naughty and got done fair enough I'd feel better about it but I tell you now further up that dual carriageway there was only me that was abiding by the bloody speed limit!

Sigh... oh Well 25 4 years NCB and first 3 points.. who gives a **** :lol:

nyk
24-01-2007, 21:09
I wouldnt worry Daz.

Generally your insurance dont take into account speeding points unless you end up with CD10, carless driving for doing like 100 in a 40.

:lol:

What was the speed limit?

dan 16v
25-01-2007, 12:56
thats bad luck mate :(

Daz.
25-01-2007, 18:13
doing like 100 in a 40.

Bloody hell! won't be doing that ever :roll:

Twas 50mph limit

nyk
25-01-2007, 18:27
doing like 100 in a 40.

Bloody hell! won't be doing that ever :roll:

Twas 50mph limit

Argue it that your speedo was out then, your only just out of the boundary. :wink:

nyk
25-01-2007, 18:30
at worst you'll only get an SP 30 anyway.

Imperial_16v
25-01-2007, 20:38
I wouldnt worry Daz.

Generally your insurance dont take into account speeding points.

Aye that's true, I was adding my dad to mine and declared his points, the bloke said that's fine it won't raise your premium for only 3 points. So you should be ok, just a hassle that's all.