PDA

View Full Version : fcukin speed humps...........

nyk
22-01-2007, 18:47
We realised why the golf was leaking oil and it seems when we went over a speed hump a couple of weeks ago, the sump was grazed and it is weeping the oil out of the damaged area.

Have since been looking into the legislation and are currently putting a claim in the local council highways section for the damage caused. It would appear that speed humps of the particular type we went over can be a maximum height of 75mm, this one measures at over 100mm!!!

Just look at the damage to the hump!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k17/nykola1812/CRIM0010.jpg

and how close it is on the golf..

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k17/nykola1812/CRIM0014.jpg

So be careful peeps, as these buggers are unsuspecting until the damage is done !

Daz.
22-01-2007, 20:31
I switch the radio off on speed bumps - you gotta love the noise of grinding metal :cry:

donsrno1
22-01-2007, 20:40
I hate speedbumps!!! I've just had some put in on my street, but to be fair they are actually not that bad. They stretch the whole width of the road and are quite long, meaning a nice gradual incline so theres no risk of scraping luckily. If the rest of them were like the ones on my street then I would have no complaints, but most others are a nightmare.

With ones like in your photo I usually go between the two humps meaning that there is nothing to scrape the underside of the car as the wheels are on two different speed bumps if you know what I mean.

Lee Keefy
22-01-2007, 21:17
theres 3 of the b**tards!!!!!!!!

:evil:

merlin
22-01-2007, 22:03
I have been told by Council that if you have lowerd your car its your own fault,also they will take you to court for damage to speed bump surface.

Merlin

nyk
22-01-2007, 22:05
they SAY allsorts.

Like although its restricted speed area to 20mph, that you shouldnt drive over the speed humps at 20mph.

When has anyone ever seen a speed hump area that says 20 in between bumps an 5/10mph on bumps.

McPikie
23-01-2007, 10:01
Want me to do you a letter :wink: