PDA

View Full Version : Oil clocks in 1.4

AmDaMan
20-01-2007, 19:30
Hey, right, i'm wanting to put the oil clocks in the dash, but when I took my dash off the plug for the clocks were already there but it didn't fit in the ph1 clocks because the notches were in the wrong place although it did fit if you squeezed it in.

So I thought some newer clocks would do it but it looks the same?

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/999/img35581ih.jpg

So has anyone got any idea what I need to do?

Also what plug are the senders for the clocks connected to? The brown one in the engine bay or the white one? So anyone who's done the 1.4 to valver conversion with the clocks would be useful right now:lol:

thanks

cliolord
20-01-2007, 19:53
i havent done this conversion before but I remember someone saying that you need to replace the car loom? Talk to Bass Direct, I think it was Bass that told me

Winston
20-01-2007, 21:06
The plug is on all Mk1 clio looms ...RN - Williams

AmDaMan
20-01-2007, 21:52
how come mine didn't fit right? It was exactly the same plug but had some extra bits of plastic to stop em from going in right? That's why I thought the newer style clocks would be different.

Do you know where the loom gets it's feeds from, is it on the brown plug in the engine bay or the white one?

Andyvalver
21-01-2007, 11:41
Some plugs do differ between the car years i think. I found this out when i tried to swap something on my car to my mates car and it had a different plug. His is a 94 m valver and mine a 95 N :)

AmDaMan
21-01-2007, 17:44
right just had a look, it seems that there are 4 wires that go to a brown plug which is probably the same one as in the engine bay. There are also 3 wires that go to other looms so I think they are power/earths.

The ones that go to the brown plug:

B3 - Purple
B5 - Orange
C2 Dark white
B4 - White
B7 - Grey

So If I connect those up in the engine bay hopefully they will work.

The other 3 wires are yellow, white and black, so will any power wires be ok for these? Just thinking maybe one goes to a loom for when the lights come on??

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8679/img35620vh.jpg

cliolord
21-01-2007, 18:16
The plug is on all Mk1 clio looms ...RN - Williams

what about the RL :lol: