PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid sticking revs....

Dan_mk1
17-01-2007, 19:40
Got the hybrid back on the road now, passed its MOT fine and was running sweet. The car drives absolutely fine normal driving but as soon as you floor it the revs stick at whatever you let off at....when you put it in gear the car starts to accelerate itself and soon as you put the clutch in it shoots back up to 5k!!

Ive checked the throttle cable and its fine, any idea lads!?

Danlp6
17-01-2007, 19:49
sounds like an air pipe has come off. check every pipe on the inlet manifold etc.

cliolord
17-01-2007, 20:18
That is mighty weird mate. There are 3 ways air can get into the engine..idle control valve (is it sicking - although I wouldnt have though it could allow enough air in to make the engine idle at 5K), throttle butterfly or air leak. As stated above, check for any vacume pipes that have come off etc. Wish I could be of more help really

eternalife
17-01-2007, 22:47
I am sure i read somewhere that high idling could also be a result of bad earth connections? can anyone confirm/clarify?

Coops
18-01-2007, 00:10
idle issues can be one of a thousand things in these cars so unfotunalty its time to don deerstalker and pipe to play sherlock. any wiring issues cud cause it as cud air leaks and every week theres a new idle issue/fix that crops up.

bluenose
18-01-2007, 12:57
I had this. Except mine stuck at 3.5k and it was a vacuum pipe that needed tightening as it had come loose after fitting a filter. This was on an RT though and not a Williams but would be worth a check.

Foz
19-01-2007, 00:44
my hybrid was exactly the same when I first put it in. Tried chipping the ECU and it screwed it up. Got a new ECU and it solved the problem straight away. Worth a try.

Foz
19-01-2007, 00:45
I meant when I first put the engine in. lol.

Dan_mk1
19-01-2007, 12:49
Hmmm, I was starting to think it was the ecu...ive checked most of the hoses and they seem fine, but ill have another look...