PDA

View Full Version : front wipers

NAPLES VALVER 123
16-01-2007, 22:39
got a bit of a problem with the front wipers since ive had the car :cry: my wipers do not have a intermitant. What i mean is when you press stalk once the wipers go the same speed as if you press it down again. Also when you switch the wipers off they dont stop in the parked postion they stop where ever you turn them off :roll: :x

Ive been to the scrappy and replaced the relay (blue one) and also the stalk but its still the same, what else could it be :?: the motor itself?

any help or advice would be great 8)

NAPLES VALVER 123
06-02-2007, 23:19
ive also swapped the wiper motor it self but still no change :cry: . does anybody no what this could problem is?

thanks

BRUN
08-02-2007, 22:47
very strange, if you have changed all those parts you would think it would be fixed

eternalife
09-02-2007, 01:33
sounds like dodgy wiring / shorting somewhere - got to track them wires...

NAPLES VALVER 123
09-02-2007, 12:56
i thought it would have fixed it too :cry:

as for trackking the wires is it just a case of following the wires from wiper stalk etc?

thanks for the help it gets very annoying trying to stop the wipers in the same place manualy :evil:

eternalife
10-02-2007, 00:23
Tedious Task i know - yeh a case of working ur way from the stalk to where ever it goes.

My electronic days are far over - but if u have changed everything then it definitely sounds like its shorting somewhere...

Also, one thing to check...

Put the wipers on and car running...then pull out the Relay for it - u should feel/hear the relay 'click' when you put it back in...

Could also check the voltages at the Relay using a voltmeter.

Just to rule out any problems there.

Good luck mate :)

Stoker Willi 1 303
11-02-2007, 00:18
maybe the car you got the spare parts off has the same problem as yours this leaving with no gain atall, try another wiper stalk mate :? an earth fault would prob mean it would happen all the time on all speeds, but not had this fault so can only advise! although on my gtt the light stalk had the same problem on going to full beam, jus didn.t want to do it! {faulty stalk} yep jus Renault.

NAPLES VALVER 123
11-02-2007, 23:46
the stalk, relay and motor all worked as we got it off a mates clio and seen it working 5 min before fitting.

when i switch the wipers on the relay clicks? :?

so does it look like the wiring :?

NAPLES VALVER 123
11-02-2007, 23:47
the stalk, relay and motor all worked as we got it off a mates clio and seen it working 5 min before fitting.

when i switch the wipers on the relay clicks? :?

so does it look like the wiring :?