PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem

vts_saxo
16-01-2007, 20:42
hi guys, just been out in the car and have got a brake problem.

Entering a village at 60-70 braking down to 40 so off the gas and press the brake, the pedal sunk lower than normal so i came off pressed again and it felt fine, i tested the brakes a few times through the village, stopping hard and gently and the pedal level was as per usual. Driving a few miles on country roads and every 1 in 50 brake presses the pedal would sink lower than normal by 1-1.5".

Any ideas?? Master cylinder??

thanks

MatBrown
16-01-2007, 21:06
Sounds like either master cylinder or servo, unless you have a leak. Look for drips on the floor.

Mat.

MAXIBOY
16-01-2007, 21:10
air in system leak on pipe joint/ seal . best way to test master cylinder is clamp of all brake hoses and then test pedal. then release and test one corner at a time. this will isolate the problem

richy
16-01-2007, 22:06
as above most likely to be master cylinder or servo unless you have a leak somewere on the brake lines,

also as maxiboy says clamp each flexi and test, but dont drive it with the hoses clamped lol, otherwise it will be more then brakes you will be paying for! :lol:

2 live
17-01-2007, 09:21
id say bias valve tbh....jesus' had exactly same prob

Frenche
19-01-2007, 16:11
I had a similar problem, mine was sorted by bleeding the brakes, do that first, then see if the problem still remains.