PDA

View Full Version : Safety First!!!

Winston
16-01-2007, 17:35
I was grinding a bolt off strombas Williams he's breaking on friday ....I turned down the goggles from rob ....A small piece of metal went in my left eye ...didn't notice at the time

Friday - Eye was a bit itchy on friday night
Saturday - woke up on with a very sore eye and when ever i looked a bright lights i got an extreme head ache
Sunday - seamed to have calmed down ...Till i went making vids that night in the williams ....bright lights sucked and my mate was forced to drive for me
Monday - Sunnys on all day ...a trip to hospital to have the crumb of metal removed ...needle to the eye anyone
Tuesday - It's alot better ...but my eye is real dopey

Lesson learnt

Winston

McPikie
16-01-2007, 17:40
Ah, so that is why you didn't pop round for the loom :lol:

nyk
16-01-2007, 17:48
Lee had the same thing happen when he worked at top gear.

Scraping of the eye ball at the hospital!! eeewww.

Winston
16-01-2007, 18:12
Killer Shizzzzz

I now have snowboarding gogs in my tool kit :P

Daz.
16-01-2007, 18:35
Now you know what trying to put contact lenses in your eyes are like the morning after a heavy night 8)

Lee Keefy
16-01-2007, 21:04
I was grinding a bolt off strombas Williams he's breaking on friday ....I turned down the goggles from rob ....A small piece of metal went in my left eye ...didn't notice at the time

Friday - Eye was a bit itchy on friday night
Saturday - woke up on with a very sore eye and when ever i looked a bright lights i got an extreme head ache
Sunday - seamed to have calmed down ...Till i went making vids that night in the williams ....bright lights sucked and my mate was forced to drive for me
Monday - Sunnys on all day ...a trip to hospital to have the crumb of metal removed ...needle to the eye anyone
Tuesday - It's alot better ...but my eye is real dopey

Lesson learnt

Winston

they scratched at mine for nearly two hours!!!

went to hospital about a week after it happened,plenty of time for new skin to form and seal it in,

eyeball had dull spot where she scrubbed at it :?

MattyH16valver
16-01-2007, 22:30
Nasty m8 :o When I used to work a trunker doing air conditioning we were cutting the pipes with grinders all the time.....my m8 never worried bout goggles til he got a piece of metal in his eye too! Did'nt go to hospital for a few days, then had to have his eye stabbed with needles....cetainly made him wear them after that! Working on building sites from then on I made sure I wore goggles, ear defenders, mask etc when necessary. As u day m8...Safety First!

richy
16-01-2007, 22:32
nasty! my dad had the same thing happen to him, had to have a needle in the eye and abit of metal removed, ive always weared goggles since then, not taking the risk lol

VIPERONE
17-01-2007, 00:44
2live once got arc eye, which he said was incredibly painful,.. from cowboy welding :wink: ..

i once under estimated the weight of a rear axle, i changed it under torchlight,..the beast dropped and trapped me arm...had to shout for help at 23;00 at night :roll:

northy
17-01-2007, 08:47
i learnt the hard way aswell....

Since my opperation - all bright lights have been harder to look at than before....How itchy is it aswell lol

2 live
17-01-2007, 09:40
lol.the arc eye was fukkin unreal...was ok all day..went out on the piss n for a chinky at night.was wen i went bed n tried to go sleep felt like someone had 2 never ending needles and were just forcin em thru my eyes....was not nice at all lol

hate being anywhere near a mig without a mask now.

had a couple bits of metal in me eye too...learnt after the 1st time...but the 2nd was only a right little bit needed grindin...ooops lol.

stew
17-01-2007, 12:49
ive done this one with a grinder as well.

noticed, plenty water and flushed it out.

was proper weird and sore for a day, then tried washing it out again, and it eventually came out, eye was back to normal next day.

lesson learned also.