PDA

View Full Version : work havnt paid me - advice needed!!!!!

Mattie
15-01-2007, 21:24
basically im still waiting for my contract to come through the post as iv changed contracts at work...as a result of this i havnt been paid this month,

leaving me with a stupid £200 to last a month as my employers have said i will have to waite untill next months pay day to get paid as theres nothing else i can do.

iv been told theres a possibility that my employers may be able to offer me some kind of "loan" untill im paid. however i am still 2 look in2 this.

Iv been told they have to pay me now as its against the law to hold my money against my will. iv also been told i can charge them interest untill the moneys paid in full.

just wondered if any1 could offer any advice on this situation and wether the above is true?....as i canot live on £200 for the month!!!!

Thanks people :D

FATBOY
15-01-2007, 22:35
i would demand my money from them mate!!! youve worked for that money! plus give it the old "bills to pay" sob story. and say that if any direct debits bounce on my account they will be charged for the fines that are incurred!!! who do you work for??? is it a big company? and what do you do? cos you may have trouble with it being a bigger company...

Dancliovalver
15-01-2007, 22:39
As sed, its ur money!
lauren sed try the financial ombudsman mate, not sure wether they will be able to help but it wont hurt!!

Joel
15-01-2007, 22:55
Cunts. get to Trade Union Leader !!

nyk
16-01-2007, 00:22
Your employer (who ever they are) are bound by your contract of employment to pay you your salary on the date which is specified in your contract, or your statement of particulars (offer letter or company handbook).

Put it in writing to your personnel/HR Manager that you expect your wages to be paid by cash, BACS or CHAPS within the next 7 days. Give them a deadline. State you have taken legal advise on the matter, and will pursue it further if the demand is not met. Dont let them fob you off with a cheque that will take another week to clear.

They have basically fcuked up an cos they have already done the payroll they are trying to fob you off till next month. You can charge them interest and you can charge them any bank charges or penalties you suffer from your wages being late.

Its not "against the law" as such for them to pay your wages late, nor is it worth you going to any trade union or anything similar as by the time they argue it out, next months pay day will be here. They are however breaking a legally binding contract, and if I was you i would point that matter out to them, let them know you are serious and wont be fobbed off.

As I've said personally the way i would approach this in the first instance is to put a complaint in writing. Directly to the person responsible and make sure the big boss see's it, by copying him in on the letter also.

You'll prob find if you write a snotty letter making it clear that you want your wages now and tell them you have taken legal advise, they will sort it. Even if they have to pay you out of petty cash.

Hope this helps.
:lol:

nyk
16-01-2007, 00:24
Just to add, you change in contract/job/role does not change the matter.

Until you accept the terms of your new contract, which you cant until you see it, you are both still bound to the old contract.

Mattie
16-01-2007, 01:06
thanks for the advice people :D

theres a slight problem though, my old contract is void as i was employed through an agency!....now im employed through british gas....however the only contract i have at the moment is a verble 1 with my manager untill the written one arrives through the post....which is taking alot longer than expected!

i have bills to pay at the end of the day and im going to make that clear to them tomorrow and put a complaint to the HR dept. as far as i kno the HR dept are an externel company and british gas them selfs.

ill report back what happens 2moro!

thanks again :)

Mattie
16-01-2007, 01:07
thanks for the advice people :D

theres a slight problem though, my old contract is void as i was employed through an agency!....now im employed through british gas....however the only contract i have at the moment is a verble 1 with my manager untill the written one arrives through the post....which is taking alot longer than expected!

i have bills to pay at the end of the day and im going to make that clear to them tomorrow and put a complaint to the HR dept. as far as i kno the HR dept are an externel company and british gas them selfs.

ill report back what happens 2moro!

thanks again :)

sorry ment to say HR dept are an external company and NOT british gas

J o n
16-01-2007, 10:47
tell them as they are not willing to pay what is owed that you cant afford to come into work and you will be taking a holiday until you are paid :lol:

Mattie
16-01-2007, 23:21
tell them as they are not willing to pay what is owed that you cant afford to come into work and you will be taking a holiday until you are paid :lol:

:lol: my m8 sugested that!....

outcome of this is as follows.....

im going to send my contract off to HR dept as i came through posat today, then work will give me a £450 loan untill i get paid next month....then ill get what money im owed minus the loan they have given me!

seanofnp
17-01-2007, 00:26
You should tell em to shove it up their arse. If they can afford to "loan" you 450 quid they should just fork out and pay you.