PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Loo0o0o0sers

samboRT
15-01-2007, 20:35
hey all,

Rightio... as some of you know, got a simple rear end shunt resulting my car been written off, insurance/solicitors provided me with a nice car to use for the time being... the accident happened 3 months ago and still... no payout.

After various calls i found out the insurance havent been in touch with the other third party company to check liability????? how the hell?!?!?!?!

anyways, today called the insurance, finally they said they have sent the cheque today!!wahooo... not. the car had an agreed value of 1,000 which i confirmed with the insurance company, turns out, a whole 350.00 is getting sent out to me!!!!!!! argh!!!!!! they have taken a 650.00 exess out of it, even though it is there fault that they did not chase up the other persons insurance to confirm there liability!!! takes the pi$$!!! so i have been charged 650.00 for something i shouldnt have been charged for in the first place, and it is there lazy arse fault for not chasing the claim up!

what can i do, they said as soon as they get info about the liability and she confirms it, i will get it back, but with my payout through the solicitors which i claim back, which can take up to a year?? i need the money to buy my next car!! what position am i in?? anything i can do??

they are taking the hire car away when the payout comes through, which will be for 350.00, they take the car and i have 350 too buy one... but it will also be a claim on my insurance for the time the claim goes through and it is settled... wtf!!!!

i need some help, they are taking me for a run!!

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

rant over. lol.

Sam

MAXIBOY
15-01-2007, 21:41
no legal advice but what the f***. no fault claim but you get penalised. get legal advice and get on to the insurance ombudsman now.

bluenose
15-01-2007, 22:09
as above! Most places give you an hour's consultation for free. Then if they reckon you've got a case, got to those no win no fee places. The insurance ombudsman will kick their ass :gunner:

Dancliovalver
15-01-2007, 22:34
nowrich union by any chance???

i have a CCJ coz of those wankers!!!!

kj16v
15-01-2007, 23:22
'Fraid it's hard work. The only way is to make phone calls and phone calls and...

If you got rear ended it's a simply not your liability. So you need to ring up to find out who's your claim handler, get their direct phone number and only speak directly to them every time. Make sure you get his/her name so you can always ask to speak specifically to that person. This is really important cuz these companies love to just pass the buck around and you'll never get anything sorted.

Be firm (but not rude, be extra nice to him/her. Get 'im on-side!), tell your claim handler it's an open-and-shut case and you expect your excess back. He'll have to send letters and make phone calls etc. So it will all take time. Keep ringing Your claim handeler once a week to "see how it's going" but really it's to spur him into getting done as quick as poss just to stop you calling.

Oh and keep records of all the phone bills and any unpaid time off work etc. Cuz you can claim for that afterwards!

I'm saying all this cuz I've been there and done it!

LaurenGTI
15-01-2007, 23:37
Dan had a V similar experience...was a nightmare!

Best thing to do is call these guys http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ they offer free advice and will give you all the help possible about where you stand in your situation and what the next steps are, I cant comment as I deal with home insurance claims...I usually give customers their number at work if they are not happy with how their claims have been delt with as the ombudsman is impartial and will tell them whats what!

Hope this helps and you get things sorted!