PDA

View Full Version : williams 3 elictrical problem

mdmcgivern
13-01-2007, 18:34
Been fixing the leaky sunroof today, roof lining half out etc. Disconnected the switch, interior lights, and the receiver/for immobiliser on the roof. Once all was re-sealed and sunroof back in. I went to start the car up to dry it out a little leaving heaters flat out, Only the key fob for the alarm wasnt doing anything. Noticed the receiver in the car for key fob was damaged on the circuit board. So went to scrap yard and got a replacement. But it got me thinking, the ignition usually comes on with key in, it just wont let me start (immobilised) untill I press keyfob. I got no lights, power to dash, cd player, wipers, nothing. Checked fuses under bonnet, none blown. Put jump leads on to check not flat, still nothing. Also if i take the key out the alarm will start clicking real quick as if its trying to go off. Little l.e.d. on the dash also flashes real fast.
Does anyone have any ideas?!!

MAXIBOY
13-01-2007, 18:41
would assume its to do with the immobiliser by the interior light

mdmcgivern
13-01-2007, 18:46
surely these arent unique frequency's. I would have thought the alarm provided the correct frequency to this? Or have i got a dudd from the srapyard. the part numbers matched

mdmcgivern
13-01-2007, 19:04
anyone got any ideas? All thoughts would be a great help

MatBrown
13-01-2007, 19:39
The keyfobs and receivers are matched and not interchangable without reprogramming.

Mat.