PDA

View Full Version : Supersprint Manifold + Mongoose system problems

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 22:36
I have had the car maybe a month and have had to fix the exhaust twice already. To get to work and where I live generally there are loads of speedbumps that I can not avoid going over. I keep hitting the exhaust on them and that eventually breaks it. :(

Last time it was the cat to tail pipe join snapped off. I got another one welded up and fitted it no problems. Now it has happened again and I am yet to get it on the ramp and find out where it has exactly gone again. I think its the same place though. It hasn't snapped but is just blowing REALLY BAD!
I am fearing the worst with this one though. ie cracked downpipe. :-&

I have noticed that part of the problem is that the exhaust is hanging quite low. I have heard that Mongoose are shit and dont fit properly. It rattles and all sorts. I am very temped to buy a Magnex as I had one on my Valver with no problems.

I read on here somewhere also about a support bracked that I might need because of the longer cat that has to be used with the Super Sprint. I have also seen pictures of downpipes attached to some kind of 3-4" adapter with 2 springs on it? Do I need one of these?

What do I need to do to sort this problem out and stop it all together?

Thankyou!

thelynx
11-01-2007, 22:43
All aftermarket systems for clios seems to rattle, even some standard ones rattle. Also the supersprint is a poor design from what I gather, from others peoples experience with them ...

bass_direct
11-01-2007, 23:07
I think once you get it mounted properly, it'll be fine! I ran a supersprint/mongoose combination, as did jay s without any problems

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 23:07
I think once you get it mounted properly, it'll be fine! I ran a supersprint/mongoose combination, as did jay s without any problems

So how do I mount it proerly? :)

Justin..
11-01-2007, 23:08
from what i've heard they dont make magnex anymore

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 23:09
from what i've heard they dont make magnex anymore

Well you can still get hold of them off of various websites! £250 posted is the cheapest I have found so far.

bass_direct

So how do I mount it proerly? :)

dunno :oops:

Just gotta mess about with it i suppose lol

bass_direct
But don't get rid of the mongoose! they sound awesome!

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 23:10
4" ones?

bass_direct
11-01-2007, 23:11
3.5"?

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 23:12
Yeah probably. Looks quite big though! I liked the 3" magnex I had.

cliokiz
11-01-2007, 23:26
Have you considered having the car raised a bit? I'm guessing it has been lowered?

If it's standard ride height and you're scraping your exhaust that badly those speed bumps must be monsters!!

My car is pretty low and there's loads of bumps around here. Don't have any problems with my mongoose system/downpipe catching, but then again i don't have a supersprint manifold, just the standard williams items..

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 23:34
Yea its been lowered. I wouldn't say it was too low though. I would prefer not to lower it. I know that i can probably sort it if I stop the exhaust from drooping and hanging so low. I just dont really know how to go about that.

Danny-ACE!
11-01-2007, 23:35
Yea its been lowered. I wouldn't say it was too low though. I would prefer not to lower it. I know that i can probably sort it if I stop the exhaust from drooping and hanging so low. I just dont really know how to go about that.

I mean raise! :D

arj256
12-01-2007, 01:41
If you want to raise the exhaust in the middle, your best off getting the 4th hanger from a williams.
And getting a hanger welded onto your exhaust, and then attach a exhaust rubber to that.
Doing that brings it nice and high.

Hulio
12-01-2007, 01:54
Is the 4th hanger a part that you can get from renault and bolt on? I am having similar problems with my supersprint mani and magnex exhaust.

midge
12-01-2007, 02:33
the exhaust on my current car is the only one i have seen on a clio that doesnt knock, but its all custom 2 extra brackets and the bit where it goes over the rear axel has been flattend/widened, however my baffles are gone, im going to go for a side exit to eliminate the problems.

Danny-ACE!
12-01-2007, 18:07
Ok. Well I have had it on the ramp. The down pipe has cracked where it meets the de-cat flange. So I will have to get it welded. :(
Unless anyone has any Supersprint down pipes for sale? :D

Gutted :cry:

Andy P
12-01-2007, 18:15
It does catch on the deck hell of a lot. You will need to watch the flange on the downpipe, its wearing thin iirc. Soon it will wear into the bolt hole.

I never had a problem with knocking it off or breaking it though.

Slow down, take it easy over the bumps :lol:

Danny-ACE!
12-01-2007, 18:57
Mate. Im not joking. I practically go backwards over them. I slow right down and piss everyone off that drives behind me.
Where am I gonna get a downpipe from?
Does anybody rate the Ktec Manifold. I dont rate Ktec at all but i dont want to lose the 10+ BHP the supersprint gives.

Danny-ACE!
12-01-2007, 19:05
WTF!
I thought they stopped making Supersprint manifolds?
I just found somewhere that sells them?
Hmmm.

jay s
12-01-2007, 21:05
k-tec manifolds are supersprints

Danny-ACE!
12-01-2007, 21:26
Oh ok. Didnt say on the website that it was a supersprint. :oops:

I think i have found a Supersprint for 350 posted. Brand new. Cool!
Is the down pipe and Manifold all one unit?

bass_direct
13-01-2007, 10:32
2 units

david932
13-01-2007, 18:59
i've put a custom hanger infront of the centre box. the rubber attaches to the original mount, this raised my exhaust by about 2" made it more stable and stopped it rattling.

the adapter, springs and fire ring design on a supersprint is shit, mine seems to creak from the springs once they get hot. altho they are necessary. if you dont have this you will keep cracking the manifold as there will be no give in it.

david932
13-01-2007, 18:59
i've put a custom hanger infront of the centre box. the rubber attaches to the original mount, this raised my exhaust by about 2" made it more stable and stopped it rattling.

the adapter, springs and fire ring design on a supersprint is shit, mine seems to creak from the springs once they get hot. altho they are necessary. if you dont have this you will keep cracking the manifold as there will be no give in it.

Danny-ACE!
13-01-2007, 20:28
Well I aint got any springs. Where can I get some from?

arj256
13-01-2007, 20:42
I just got some new springs from an exhaust place, seems a generic part.