PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym

Caramelx
06-05-2005, 08:40
Has anyone used the engine cleaner in this range ?? Or can anyone recommend anything.

Rudders16v
06-05-2005, 09:55
Im not a great fan of Autoglym and have changed most of my cleaning kit over to Meguiars during the last 12 months, but Autogylms engine cleaner is very good, its one of only 2 Autoglym products which i didn't bother to change cos i've never found anything better

J o n
06-05-2005, 10:04
polish... car...? uh, nope, never done that, dont intend to... it should be as nature wishes.

Lunner
06-05-2005, 10:07
polish... car...? uh, nope, never done that, dont intend to... it should be as nature wishes.

Completely agree, a car should stay dirty, shows its been driven

J o n
06-05-2005, 10:12

:D

Daz
06-05-2005, 21:01
I cleaned my engine bay with the Autoglym Engine Degreaser.

Did great at degreasing, but the finish was dull.. so I ended up polishing it too!

FATBOY
06-05-2005, 21:42
daz how do you go about degreasing the engine??? ive got some gunk and have wondered how to do it??? do i just brush it onto all parts of the engine??? and then wipe of?

Daz
06-05-2005, 21:44
Dunno,
I had the Autoglym stuff.. just spray it on.. brush off and then rinse.

Was easy with no engine in, hehe.

FATBOY
06-05-2005, 21:53
:wink:

Caramelx
07-05-2005, 08:06

If i wanted a dirty car i wouldnt bother, But i like clean and tidy, LOL

mon
29-09-2005, 23:36
TheJesus and Lunner...

your just lazy faggots nature my a-- :lol:

:roll:

dannyt
30-09-2005, 07:51
To tell you the truth I use autoglym all the time for everything, windows, washing, polishing, bumper care etc etc and the only one i don't use is the tire black stuff as I prefer a gel to a spray!

Anyway I tried the Meguires and on my paint, the finish autoglym gave it was better than the meguires gold class, still to try the NXT stuff, however I came to the conclusion that once you've found a good product that gives a good finish and has been going for years then why change, you won't be able to get it much better?

Daz the reason your engine didn't come up nice and shiny was because you needed some vinel and rubber care i think its called, spray that over and all the plastic bits would have been shiny, however metals would need polishing still i suppose! :wink:

big hp
30-09-2005, 17:12
To tell you the truth I use autoglym all the time for everything, windows, washing, polishing, bumper care etc etc and the only one i don't use is the tire black stuff as I prefer a gel to a spray!

Anyway I tried the Meguires and on my paint, the finish autoglym gave it was better than the meguires gold class, still to try the NXT stuff, however I came to the conclusion that once you've found a good product that gives a good finish and has been going for years then why change, you won't be able to get it much better?

Daz the reason your engine didn't come up nice and shiny was because you needed some vinel and rubber care i think its called, spray that over and all the plastic bits would have been shiny, however metals would need polishing still i suppose! :wink:

Couldn't of put it better myself. I'm a big fan of autoglym products. tried others and wasn't convinced they were as good, let alone better.

As Danny says you need to spray engine in vinyl and rubber care (yellow label) The only thing with it is it does leave a sticky residue on metal parts. Leave it to dry though and just wipe off metal bits and I guarantee it'll make you smile with the results you've got.

Swervin_Mervin
30-09-2005, 17:20
But I bet you didn't remove the previous layers of AG products before you used the Megs did you Danny?

dannyt
30-09-2005, 21:13
How do you mean remove Mike?

I didn't think you would ever remove a polish once applied, what would be the point in that?

mon
30-09-2005, 21:54
wot is a good cleaner for the valve cover to get it back to silver have used that ag metal polish woted ok but still not wot i want

Swervin_Mervin
03-10-2005, 10:12
You have to remove old products really Danny to get a true result. I'd only recommend doing that in the new year though after your winter prep has worn away.

You use a teaspoon of fairy liquid to remove the odl products. Some products will key in better with others in their range.

FWIW I've always been very impressed with both AG and Megs.