PDA

View Full Version : Hard box

Ingram11
09-01-2007, 21:49
Today i came off the motorway after steady 5th all the way,and my gears felt verry hard and stiff,even in neutral,it stil goes in every gear but its hard to push in,the gearbox was just fixed 3 weeks ago so i doubt it is that,but when the car is off and i put it in 4th i can hear a quite loud tap from underneath the car,so im quite convinced that it is sumthing to do wit the gear selection rod,by the way its a valver,any suggestions,cheers

Riley
09-01-2007, 21:51
rod could of come out of line, therefore making it harder to select gears

have you checked the oil level?

Ingram11
10-01-2007, 01:25
just ad another mess about,is macking quite a lot of racket when mgoing thru gears when switched off,am not too sure how to check gearbox oil level?cheers

cliokiz
10-01-2007, 14:13
If you take the airbox off and move the air ducting out of the way (if it's still there), you'll see a small wing nut on the front of the gearbox facing towards the front of the car. If you unscrew this (gently) just enough so you can pull it out without dropping it on the floor, you should notice a small dribble of gearbox oil coming out. Might be an idea to get a tub underneath to catch it.

If it doesn't dribble out then the gearbox oil level may be low, so get some oil and refill it until its dribbling out again.

Ingram11
11-01-2007, 12:09
ok,shes fixed,was a bent gear linkage,lol