PDA

View Full Version : Valver stalling since replacing alternator......

1995clio16v
07-01-2007, 19:36
Ive just put a new recon alternaor on (12 month warranty so I didnt want to pay £130 for a new one from renault!)

I'm now encountering a bit of a problem which may be coincidence, Im not sure, hence the post.

Every now and then the car will stall whilst stationery.

Could this be something to do with the replaced alternator, i.e something not right or do we think just coincidence?

I also think that the revs are dropping lower on idle and that they are also dropping quicker, but the engine might have always dropped quick on the revs and I simply wasn't noticing it.

Any help will be appreciated.

The dirty girl is going to get a real good clean this week :o

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/72/71618/my_clio_16v_dirty.jpg

Allan
07-01-2007, 20:09
hmm i had similar on mine, but that was due to the King lead, also caused a miss fire too :S

ran fine till it got warm though, and i think its cause they were carbon leads

1995clio16v
07-01-2007, 20:30
Mine does actually seem to be when it's cold it does it, forgot to mention that when posting!

Cheers

1995clio16v
07-01-2007, 20:30
Allan,

what are you refering to as king lead?

Cheers

dimkais
08-01-2007, 10:21
Allan,

what are you refering to as king lead?

Cheers

I had the same problem since last week.I bought a new alternator and fitted but wasn't working properly.When at idle i had the lights flashing and at 2.5k i had 16volt.I went it back and they tested it and seems to work fine even with 50A load.Asked for another and i got it after they tested it.I fitted and same problems were there again.So i called them and asked to recond a valeo one.I got it but when i went to fit it i noticed the the mount of the alternator (which also holds PAS) was cracked.I weld it and fitted the valo.Since then i have no problems but im not sure if the problem was caused by the alternator or the crack mount as i think that the mount earts the alternator....