PDA

View Full Version : Anglesey Revamp

Swervin_Mervin
07-01-2007, 17:37
Don't know if you've all heard about the re-vamp. Serious upgrading to 4 potential circuits and improved infrastructure. Check this piccy out:

http://www.marshalspost.com/images/tmp/big9AayTd.jpg

Justin..
07-01-2007, 17:41
cool how long's that gunna take? bit close to the sea aint it :shock: :shock:

evouk
07-01-2007, 18:20
looks like its a big job

cliorod
07-01-2007, 20:28
It is open again for Motor Racing in the middle of May,that is only part :o :o ~~~ a £4 million part of a even bigger expansion.Ultimately Richard Peacock ~~ circuit manager is hoping to get the BTCC,and the DTM circus's to run here :lol: :lol: .
So watch out Oulton Park.
Down side for me( our club) is that it is rumoured that only 4 events (rallies) a year :cry: :cry: ,with one club obtaining 2 dates,that leaves 2 dates with 4 clubs to fight for them :cry: :roll: :cry: .As far as I am concerned we have had a great relationship with Richard :wink: :wink: ~~ ie If he has made requests etc we have adhered to them etc,whereas some clubs do not bother :twisted:.In return he has offered the circuit for testing my car(s) ~~ but I have never taken his offer up.
Whatever happens,he will certainly put the circuit fee from the £3500 A DAY !!!! :cry: ,plus vat.I reckon we will need to put another £50 on each entry ~~ but I reckon it will be worth it.We should be able to put some 8 to 10 mile stages on it. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

evouk
07-01-2007, 21:29
hope they start running track days aswell as racing

cliorod
08-01-2007, 00:31
I am sure there will be loads of track days :lol: :lol: Perhaps not at the weekends or Fridays.If the bigger race meetings get dates there,They usually turn up on Thursday/Friday,to practice,set up etc.
As I said earlier,the current investment is about £4 million~~ so the circuit owners will want as quick a return on there investment as soon as possible.
More chance for track days,then there is rallies :cry: :cry: :cry:

arj256
08-01-2007, 00:48
Looks good that, id be abit worried that with errosion of the cliffs in a few years, the track will be falling into the sea.

Swervin_Mervin
08-01-2007, 14:14
What worries me is that ii appears to be a much more open layout and smaller cars like the clios will be less suited. I don't much of a kick out of keeping my foot flat on the floor for extended periods of time.

Still, depends what layout the trackday organiser operates.

Zollo
08-01-2007, 14:32
Certainly not much of the old circuit left. Worth another treck up there for sure 8)

James_R
09-01-2007, 02:15
Loved the old circuit, long as the new layout is nothing like coombe then it'll be worth it, another cadwell park woudl be awesome 8)

evouk
09-01-2007, 10:11
from the pic it does look like it will have slight inclines so fingers crosssed.

Winston
09-01-2007, 13:19
Interesting to see the finished result

R.I.P ...to the old layout