PDA

View Full Version : the willy drives straight again but..

david932
03-01-2007, 18:21
finally sorted out my escapade with a curb by fitting a gmax supersport suspension kit (Lh stut was bent). i was a bit sceptical about destroying the day do day drive by putting stiffer spring and shocks on all round but i must say i am amazed by the difference in handling. The kit is not much stiffer driving normally but when you give it some stick it handles like a dream.

altho.. for some reason now the oil pressure guage on tick over is reading almost zilch :shock: .

it only read half way between 0 and 1 before but this is slightly more concerning.

the engines only covered 10,000 since the rebuild, the oils been changed 3 times in this period and is reading max in a nice golden brown colour.

its been off the road for 2months now so all i can think is earths maybe? altho in this period i've added an extra 1 for the speedo cable.

any ideas??

Rich
03-01-2007, 18:23
some engines read 0 on tickover mate. so long as the oil light doesnt come on its fine. provieded your pressure picks up with a healthy surge if you blip the throttle your fine mate.

david932
03-01-2007, 18:41
yeah the pressure picks up fine just conerned it used to read more

Rich
03-01-2007, 18:44
oil maybe due for a change again? have you changed the filter that you used? different filters make pressures read differently.

Clio_GTT
03-01-2007, 21:39
are you using a thinner oil ? different grades and even makes can give allsorts of funny readings, as above, aslong as on cold startup you get a good pressure and a good pressure on blip then its fine.

david932
04-01-2007, 00:14
i hanent changed anything :?

i ran it up for about 10mins 3 times a week in the period when i stopped driving it

oil's about 2000 miles old and very clean, filters a cheap 1 from gsf

cold start up its ok, rev it and it looks healthy

idle when warm or after a run and it tickle's zero :? :?

as i mentioned when i stopped driving it 2 months ago it sat halfway between 0 and 1 on tickover and slightly lower after a good run.