PDA

View Full Version : Engine running, few problems though!

AmDaMan
02-01-2007, 23:58
Hey up finally got it going, there was a disconnected earth on the gearbox and had to wire it up wire by wire!

Anyways, it's going but it's idling at 2.5k! The TB and ISCV were cleaned before the swap.. I used a 95valver downpipe though instead of the 91 and it came with a male plug instead of female so I chopped the connector and connected the wires, they were black, white, white. If I got the white and the white the wrong way would it cause a high idle?

Also when changing the plugs after running the engine for the 1st time plugs 1 and 4 had oil on them which is worrying me a lot! :(

Also I've just tried to bleed the brakes (all of them as the system was dry) and I got my brother to keep pumping the brakes but all that came out was a few drops then nothing! The fluid level in the res wasn't even going down. This was the same on all the brakes.. is my master shafted? It was fine on the valver :(

It was good to hear the engine going though!

stan
03-01-2007, 12:02
Check for air leaks around inlet. And/Or replace ISCV.

as for brakes, try a pressure bleeder.

AmDaMan
03-01-2007, 12:18
cheers, I haven't connected the speedo cable yet so hopefully this may be the cause! What about the oil on the plugs?

eternalife
03-01-2007, 13:42
I believe the Oil on the plugs would be a result of failing rocker cover gasket. Gasket is about £10 and a 20min job to change.

Hope this helps.

AmDaMan
04-01-2007, 00:29
Cheers, took it for a spin earlier and it was awesome, couldn't get any traction in 1st though in this shitty weather (Falkens).

Few things bugging me though.

Idle - way too high, not too bad when I start up but at the lights it was 2k.. The speedo isn't working though so I don't think I connected it right at the dash or the box.. oops.

Some of the Dash lights don't seem to be working right which is pissing me off, because the bulbs are fine, the light that indicates my sidelights and dipped beam for example!

I haven't heard my rad fan yet which is worrying me because I don't have a functional temp gauge, if the fan works is it definitely the thermostat in the rad? What's the part number?

Why isn't my temp gauge working? Anyone know the wire for it? Or anything I can try?

Driveshaft pin on drivers side - how important is this and what is it's part number?

AmDaMan
04-01-2007, 01:15
Also another thing, my strut mounts at the top don't seem to be flush with the top of the bulkhead, and the mounts are screwed down as far as they go? Why is that?