PDA

View Full Version : FRAUD.... :(

BigBoreBri
02-01-2007, 23:02
Well im a very unhappy bunny... RANT time!!! :evil:

Ive got a credit card which is a offbreed from the Barclay's PLC which i got offered to me when i was 19, had an APR or 9.6%FIXED so i thought hell why not; now bearing in mind i never even use the thing the last few months i completely forgot i had bought summat a few months back on it i missed my last payment (oops... £12 fine then :oops: ).

Well anyway rang up the gud ol automated service to pay off what i thought was gonna be just under a hundred squid to hear my current balance off.............

£1368.56!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIKE WTF! :?

Just had to ring up now and all ive been able to do is cancel my card and have to wait till 8AM till a customer adviser can tell me what the hell is going on, Seems to be two very large transactions for £500+ that have nothing to do with me... and they both end in .94p :shock:

:cry:

wavy
02-01-2007, 23:21
that proper sucks m8
hope the bank do the right thing and sort it for you

Coops
02-01-2007, 23:26
:shock: :shock:

thats shocking mate, hope they sort it for you!

BigBoreBri
02-01-2007, 23:34
Cheers dude's they best as i aint bluuming paying for it.. lol

Spent the last ten minutes racking my heed trying to think if i had inadvertantly bought anything but i cant think off anything, thank fook its only got a small credit limit as i never even check it half the time...

In fact what relli pisses me off is the amount of times in the past when i was a skin flint they would block the card and ring me up asking if my card has been stolen/etc and the one time summat dodgy goes on i dont hear a peep from em!! :(

Lunner
02-01-2007, 23:48
When i ahd a similar thing happen both teh company that the money was paid out to and the bank both offered to refund it, the bank woudl then go and chase the other party for the money

Daz.
02-01-2007, 23:55
ouch! I must admit I always log into the one I don't use every few weeks just to make sure... I'll carry on doing it!

summeh
03-01-2007, 01:36
It will be "charged back". So you won't have to pay for it. Just tell um it was nothing to do with you, you didn't authorise it or anything.

Fraud really hurts retailers though, pisses me right off. :evil:

BigBoreBri
03-01-2007, 20:12
Just to update i got both the above listed as a dispute today, looks highly likely my card has been copied... remarkably it was used at the same curry's store in hull twice, also seems very coincidental as i go to hull uni once a week! No way ive left my card out for anyone to get at so im thinking the uni itself has something to answer for... :?

1fast6
04-01-2007, 13:14
Maybe the card was skimmed?