PDA

View Full Version : poorly clio valver

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 15:26
right, my valver is being a bi**h and keeps trying to kick me in the teeth. ive had a mahoosive list of problems over the last couple of weeks which ive managed to sort out.

One problem has been here since i got my speedo fixed. My valver will not pull above 110mph, its like theres a brick wall there! i can only hit 115 downhill! it pulls very hard in 1st, 2nd, 3rd but starts slowing in 4th then dies in 5th.

I thought this problem was the awful blowing from the cat. I took the cat off, popped on a de-cat and its still the same. My next option was a good service. I have replaced everything apart from fuel filter and leads, but again to no avail!

The leads that are on there are not in the best of condition, so maybe this could be the problem? would it sort it if i bought a new ignition kit? (i.e. leads, dizzy rotor arm etc....) If not then what else could it be?

The only cure i can find for my valver at the minute is a gallon of petrol and a match

Any help's greatly appreciated cheers

u33db
02-01-2007, 17:06
Could try getting a spare ECU?

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 17:30
i forgot to mention i remove the battery and left it out overnight so if i am correct the ecu should have reset?

Lunner
02-01-2007, 19:16
Thats an odd one, if its fine at high revs in teh lower gears it rules out anothing causing restrictions, air filter etc

Might just be that you have a worn engine and it just physically can't obtain those speeds?

Tried running a load of injector cleaner through

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 19:33
will try that tomorrow lunner. im hoping its something cheap and its not the engine on its last legs :(

Ive been advised to get a compression test.....

Justin..
02-01-2007, 19:40
whats the mileage ? not an accurate devise but nothing lasts for ever :wink:

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 19:43
mileage is around 140k mate, if the engines had it then it may have to be f7r time already :twisted: :shock: :wink:

on a more serious note i really hope its not the engine! i changed the plugs the otherday and the plugwells were full of oil. I think this could either be that the old plugs were night tight enough or the rocker gasket could have gone. since changin the plugs theres no oil in the wells.

could this have anything to do with the problem?

Allan
02-01-2007, 19:45
depends which plugs were full of oil, thats also a comon problem if poeple put oil in and miss the hole

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 19:55
what do you meen which plugs?

Sorry if it didnt make much sense, i replaced the spark plugs the other day and all four plug wells were FULL of oil. i'm not talking a splash in the bottom..... they were full

Justin..
02-01-2007, 20:24
somebody could have spilled that oil, was it dirty black oil or nice clean oil ?

Lunner
02-01-2007, 20:30
Thats alot of oil, how many miles ahve you done since you swapped the plugs?

I presume you managed to get all teh oil out before you removed the plugs?

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 20:37
somebody could have spilled that oil, was it dirty black oil or nice clean oil ?

It was dirty oil mate.

richy
02-01-2007, 20:38
iirc coops had a problem were his feed pipe colapsed and wouldnt allow enough air into the air box so it was restricted to about a ton! its worth ruling put both inlet and exhaust side, ie blocked inlet/exhaust etc etc

as mentioned above a compression test see if its still healthy!

chris.g_clio
02-01-2007, 20:38
Thats alot of oil, how many miles ahve you done since you swapped the plugs?

I presume you managed to get all teh oil out before you removed the plugs?

Ive done around 100 miles or so since the plugs were replaced. I also managed to get rid of all the oil before i put the new ones in.

I was thinking that this could of damaged the leads? I just dont know what to do first.

Coops
02-01-2007, 21:28
iirc coops had a problem were his feed pipe colapsed and wouldnt allow enough air into the air box so it was restricted to about a ton! its worth ruling put both inlet and exhaust side, ie blocked inlet/exhaust etc etc

as mentioned above a compression test see if its still healthy!

correct! crap aftermarket pipe i used was wank, inlet pressure drop crushed it in on itself! :roll: had me toppin out at 105 :evil: