PDA

View Full Version : Loosing interest in Willy

Rossco
05-05-2005, 08:20
Have had my Willy 2 for over a year now, have spent well over £2500 getting it back to mint condition after being written off and then someone smashing into the passenger door and does a runner! Cant be bothered or afford to repair the dirty great big dent, still need proper decals, not to mention refurbing the alloys and new tyres. Thought I was coming to the end of it all. Loosing interest fast!! :cry:

northy
05-05-2005, 08:22
do it in stages mate.

Wheels can be refurbed for £200 and maybe see if matt brown as a spare door that you can buy....will be a lot cheaper then fixing and respraying yours.

keep at it - thats why we love these cars.

WeZ01y
05-05-2005, 08:31
Keep at it! Im same thinking "oh ive got to do this and that and this and that" but its all part of the fun. My door needs sorting now cos of a similar incident but i know that when i get it fixed it will make me appreciate the car more since it was in a bad state and i just think "look at it now, you would never know!"

J o n
05-05-2005, 08:34
£2500 is nothing m8, you wanna see my bills in the past 6 months... it's over £7k

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 10:24
Hey you could go out and buy a brand new 182 on finance just like we all could.

But where is the fun in that? The old guy in the Porsche at the petrol station doesnt look across at the 182 with fondness of when he used to own one. But he looks across at the Willy. The guy at the car wash doesnt start up a conversation with the guy in the 182, as hes seen 4 already today. But when the Willy drives in everyone looks and stares. Just remember its special and needs a bit more love than newer cars. But when you get it back to its former glory, it will repay you one thousand fold.

NickFr
05-05-2005, 11:08
I think at some stage WE all feel a bit like you do now, but KS has made good points, everytime I feel pissed off, I just think " thank **** its not a LCR( just for you Mitchy ) these little cars require a lot of TLC but they reward the owner many times over :wink:

FATBOY
05-05-2005, 12:28
i know how you feel mate! but ive had mine for a year and 3 months now and must admit ive spent alot on her but not as much as i thought i would! ive done it all in stages and she is in the "mint" condition that i want her to be in! but stick at it mate! but i have felt like the been there owned it and done it stage but can you really imagine owning anything else where people stare at the car and say "ooooh thats a williams"

Rossco
05-05-2005, 12:42
Your right guys!!! Thanks for your constructive comments, I will keep cracking on, not sure what sort of state she will look like at the FCS though. I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY I WILL RESTORE MY WILLY :x

WeZ01y
05-05-2005, 12:43
good man!
Otherwise you will be feeling the wrath of KS!

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 12:44
Tru Matt Brown and infinicar.com for a new door. I know Paul at infinicar has loads of them, and he may be able to find you one that was better than the original.

FATBOY
05-05-2005, 12:49
anyways ross no ones willy is gonna look perfect for the FCS mine wont! but you will think when were there and there are 20+ willys lined up together that it will all be worth it!!!!!

J o n
05-05-2005, 12:53
anyways ross no ones willy is gonna look perfect for the FCS mine wont! but you will think when were there and there are 20+ willys lined up together that it will all be worth it!!!!!

hmm, not sure about this lining up f 20 willies... sounds a bit of a weener roast... tell me there will be some birds there!?!?

WeZ01y
05-05-2005, 12:56
PMSL!

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 13:01
Weener roast?

:shock:

J o n
05-05-2005, 13:05
Weener roast?

:shock:

yeah... you know, as in "bit of a sausage fest in here..." lol

Caramelx
05-05-2005, 13:09
Have had my Willy 2 for over a year now, have spent well over £2500 getting it back to mint condition after being written off and then someone smashing into the passenger door and does a runner! Cant be bothered or afford to repair the dirty great big dent, still need proper decals, not to mention refurbing the alloys and new tyres. Thought I was coming to the end of it all. Loosing interest fast!! :cry:

I havent stoped to read this whole thread , (work to do) but, for what its worth just try selling the williy Rossco then tell me youve had enough.
:wink:

Enid
05-05-2005, 14:49
Keep with it mate, you'll miss it soooo much if you sell it!! I can honestly say the Williams is the first car i've owned that i'm truly happy with.