PDA

View Full Version : Aux belt!!!!

Dancliovalver
30-12-2006, 21:32
ok new task for me n the hybrid!!!

trying to put the auxilery belt on now, the tensioner is loose but the belt is really tight and i can get it on, its definatly the right belt, it just wont go on!!!!!!!!

anyone got any methods???

Coops
30-12-2006, 21:34
undo alternator, top mount n loosen bottom mount so it can move, then pop over the belt and pull alternator back to tighten it and slap the top bolt back in! 8)

Dancliovalver
30-12-2006, 21:36
lol tried that aswell, its a real pain in the ass, im putting the old one back on for now as its only been on there a few thousand miles and will be havin the engine out again soon for me next project, so it defo fits!!!!!

its makin me really mad :evil:

kj16v
30-12-2006, 22:01
Just did the same thing. The tensioner loosens right off by turning the 20mm nut in the middle clockwise. persevere but don't force it - if you know what I mean. If you force it you'll break the teeth off of the bracket, like somebody did to my one, and my mate's dad did to my last Clio!

Dancliovalver
30-12-2006, 22:24
yeah ive tried every way i can think of but i just cant seem to get it back on!!!

if your lookin at the side of the engine we're workin on, the tensioner is as far to the left as possibile it its still incredibly tight, me n me mate couldnt even force it on!!!!!!

kj16v
30-12-2006, 22:45
Yep sounds loike you're in exactly the same predicament I was in this morning. I just remembered I got pissed off with the tensioner not moving and knocked it back with the handle from my jack!

Dancliovalver
31-12-2006, 00:41
kool and did that work, coz violance has seemed to work for me in the past but didnt wanna risk it on my engine hehehehe

Allan
31-12-2006, 09:39
get a cranked ring spanner on it then use 2 hammers one butted up to the end of the spanner and the other to hit it, just tap it a few times it should move, also did you undo the alan key bolt in the middle of it ?

When i did mine last week it had a good 2 inchs of slack when i moved it

Lunner
31-12-2006, 13:15
Is the new belt the same length off the car as the old one??

When i last did one i didn't touch teh tensioner puly, just did what coops said about, took a bit of force to get the alternator back inot position, but with a long bar and a second set of hands its possible and saves ****ing around with the tensioner with **** al room to work in

Allan
31-12-2006, 15:33
i just took out the light and you get easy access on to it all