PDA

View Full Version : Side exit exhaust on valver

HYBRID_HAZ
28-12-2006, 17:53
Does anyone know what would be involved in fitting a valver with a K-tec side exit exhaust for the 5 turbo?

clowo16v
28-12-2006, 19:32
Stu has done it on his but his was made from scratch I think.

I'd be scared of it scraping the floor as theres nowhere to tuck it up to the bodywork.

Matt

Winston
28-12-2006, 19:44
The beast on ebay :?:

Happy Bidding :wink:

stew
28-12-2006, 21:06
make a custom one

fook buggering about with a ktec one

yeah its kinda low, but good imo

clioturbo_1
01-01-2007, 19:09
Mine doesn't scrape and passed MOT with no CAT.

Had mine custom made at BBPT.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/mattyclio/DSC02797.jpg

cliolord
01-01-2007, 19:24

Yours must be a J plate valver then? Otherwise, with no CAT there is no way it would pass. Blieve me, I have tried it on the emissions tester at work. Stupid rules and regulations. Cats are stupid anyway :roll:

2 live
01-01-2007, 20:19
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4392329

5 mins work ;)

Lunner
01-01-2007, 21:07
Whats the advantages of a side exit exhaust on a NA car?

clioturbo_1
01-01-2007, 23:44
95 M plate

Yours must be a J plate valver then? Otherwise, with no CAT there is no way it would pass. Blieve me, I have tried it on the emissions tester at work. Stupid rules and regulations. Cats are stupid anyway :roll:

Justin..
01-01-2007, 23:54
yours is turbo though right ? so emmisoins will be different anyway wont they ??

stew
02-01-2007, 14:34
:shock: 5 mins work jon? what did you do? im interested!!

mine is on a 92 J plate, so no cat required.

TBH a side exit exhaust aint gonna change the emissions at all. Its the lack of cat that will...

Advantages - none other than no rattling over the rear axle which was a major problem for me as my clio sits that low. i could have got it modified but there is really very little room, so i went for the different route and got a side exit made up.

IMO i lost back pressure with mine, meaning that it was slower to pick up at low rpm, but now with an additional silencer its perfect, and pulling better than it ever has before.

Main disadvantage - NOISE! Watch out for track days etc, unless you run 2 silencers....

jay s
02-01-2007, 14:55
ive had 2 mots done in the last year one on a k reg and the other was an l reg ( both valvers/hybrid ) and both times the mot was done on the new system, tester put the chassis number and reg in the computer and both came back as pre-cat meaning no emissions test.

clioturbo_1
02-01-2007, 17:42
I guess so....

yours is turbo though right ? so emmisoins will be different anyway wont they ??

2 live
02-01-2007, 17:58
:shock: 5 mins work jon? what did you do? im interested!!

mine is on a 92 J plate, so no cat required.

TBH a side exit exhaust aint gonna change the emissions at all. Its the lack of cat that will...

Advantages - none other than no rattling over the rear axle which was a major problem for me as my clio sits that low. i could have got it modified but there is really very little room, so i went for the different route and got a side exit made up.

IMO i lost back pressure with mine, meaning that it was slower to pick up at low rpm, but now with an additional silencer its perfect, and pulling better than it ever has before.

Main disadvantage - NOISE! Watch out for track days etc, unless you run 2 silencers....

just ran the std zorst up to end of ctr section......then modified the elbow and welded a straight piece of pipe on......cut it at a slash so it dint stick out too far, but still gave clearance away from the back tyre.

5 mins......;)

tis loads quieter than 0159......and its powerflow......0051 will b going there to get a full system fitted tho at a later date........this is just to get it thru mot without having to buy a new backbox lol.

seanofnp
02-01-2007, 20:04

My M plate passed with de-cat and stainless magnex system.

My K plate CR-X Passed with de-cat tanabe system too.
:)

Lee Keefy
02-01-2007, 21:21

usually have to run turbo cars richer to fuel on boost,

main difference will be noise,turbo's can run one box due to the turbo muting the engine noise,had a single box side exit on my 5,sounded the nuts but dont know how a single box system would sound on a N A car,,

the 5 were LOUD!!!

8)