PDA

View Full Version : Northwesters & somewhere to get the tracking done?

Daz.
28-12-2006, 17:42
Got my sexy new eagle f1's fitted today - monster transformation in the car already! (thanks to Chris n`nic for suppying them) - makes me think how rubbish and dodgy the f1s were that I had on my old wheels....

Anyhoo - all balanced up and ready to go but I've been to 3 garages today an no-one can do my tracking - apparently because of how low the car is at the front I need to get the tracking done on rollers and not in the usual way?

Basically does anyone know local to myself (as local as possible really) where they have rollers so I can get it done - I'd rather it all be spot on so I can test the tyre wear over these boots and see if Its worth getting the camber adjusted.

Ta!

Rich
28-12-2006, 17:45
go see bayliss in middlesborough mate, know its a bit of a journey but i go to see him whenever i need my tracking done as its 4 weel alignment stuff and its always spot on. people tell you its too low because they cant be arsed to do it! its total shit half the time, i went to 2 garages in sheffield and they told me mine was lowered when its std height and they wouldnt touch it!

Bayliss
28-12-2006, 17:51
yeah daz come see me ya bitch!!!!

Daz.
28-12-2006, 18:04
Ooooer!

While your there does changing springs on a car for example alter the tracking? should I wait till I've had the new springs on before coming over?

Its the last thing I'm doing to the front of the car, brakes, tyres etc have all been done..

Bayliss
28-12-2006, 18:05
Ooooer!

While your there does changing springs on a car for example alter the tracking? should I wait till I've had the new springs on before coming over?

Its the last thing I'm doing to the front of the car, brakes, tyres etc have all been done..

yes they do alter tracking, bring them with ya can do them before do tracking musha

Bayliss
28-12-2006, 18:05
can do your torsion bar for ya aswell if u like

Daz.
28-12-2006, 18:07
Oooo can get it all done at once lol - aye I fancy going up a tad on the rear but no more than say 1cm..

I'll pm you as soon as I've recieved the springs :wink:

Bayliss
28-12-2006, 18:08
Oooo can get it all done at once lol - aye I fancy going up a tad on the rear but no more than say 1cm..

I'll pm you as soon as I've recieved the springs :wink:

no worries mate, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement

Daz.
28-12-2006, 18:12
Aye, I require a hotel at night, a v6 for pootling around in for the day and free fitting of all parts :wink:

Arrange away :lol:

Winston
28-12-2006, 20:43
Cowboy :twisted:

He will say he can do your torsion bar :wink: :wink: :P

My mate at ATS can do tracking ....Never had a problem getting my cars tracked :shock:

Daz.
28-12-2006, 21:28
Well the fella I was talking too today says the ats fellas in blackburn are a bunch of cowboys and to stay away :shock: :lol:

Allan
29-12-2006, 00:15
place here only say your cars too low if they cant put the tracking gear over your wheels :D

Lunner
29-12-2006, 00:18
if you xcan get a finger around the wheel they can get the tracking gear on

Bayliss
29-12-2006, 01:54
Aye, I require a hotel at night, a v6 for pootling around in for the day and free fitting of all parts :wink:

well i can arrange the hotel and maybe free fitting but u can get fooked if you think i'm lending ya me Vee, i like it without the lamp post dent in it lol

bill.
29-12-2006, 16:33
[quote="Daz."]Well the fella I was talking too today says the ats fellas in blackburn are a bunch of cowboys and to stay away :shock: :lol:[/quote

yep, stay clear of them twats!

pro-tec have a local rolling road as do the powerzone cowboys :D

BigBoreBri
29-12-2006, 18:07
Has anyone ever tried following this procedure for setting the centre point?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/BigBoreBri/SteeringAngles.jpg

If you do what it says it seems unable to get the steering wheel to lock "looking" like its in the middle to me... very odd. :?

Lunner
29-12-2006, 18:08
Put wheel stright and measure accross teh front of the tyres, and then the backs and the distances shoudlbe more or less the same.....rough chgeck

Daz.
29-12-2006, 23:53

well i can arrange the hotel and maybe free fitting but u can get fooked if you think i'm lending ya me Vee, i like it without the lamp post dent in it lol

How rude! are you reffering to my driving or the arse heavy vehicle in question? :lol:

bill.
30-12-2006, 10:44
what size tyres did you go for daz? and chris n' nic supply tyres? i'll be needing some soon

Daz.
30-12-2006, 11:17
nah mate was just lucky with the tyres - change of plan with them I think - went for 195's again so I ould play with the chassis on something I was familliar with