View Full Version : In CAr camera

28-12-2006, 09:22
Hello all,

I have a camera mount that fits to the roll cage in my car and am using a jvc camcorder to capture the footage.

What i am trying to find is whether there is an adapter that fits into the cars electrics system (12v) and i can then run the camera off this feed without using camera batterys as ive had this in the past where i kept running out of batteries at track days.

Seems cheaper to find a 12 v feed instead of buying batteries at 25 a go.

Anubody know if there is such an adpater/lead available?

I have emailed quite a few online stores but they must still be off work till new year


28-12-2006, 10:59
could you not use a 240-12v inverter and run the camcorder off the mains?


28-12-2006, 11:53
this is what i do.

28-12-2006, 17:24
is that a small unit that plugs into the 12v car power and transforms it to 240v?

28-12-2006, 17:34
what volt is a cig lighter/?

sure u could make some thing :?:

28-12-2006, 19:25
think its 12v but im no electrician

28-12-2006, 19:32
i got one off amazon, 12v convertor which runs off the cig lighter, i use it for mine, cost me 20 ish iirc

and yes the cig lighter is 12v

28-12-2006, 20:18
i have just looked on ebay and found one. Not sure how this little gadget works to power up a camcorder.

But saying that it only needs to convert to the same power as the battery surely, the battery is 7.2v?

28-12-2006, 20:22
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-5V-3V-4-5V-6V-7-5V-9V-12V-DC-1-5A-DC-DC-Car-Converter_W0QQitemZ110072047147QQihZ001QQcategoryZ 96942QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/car-voltage-power-converter-12v-dc-to-220-ac-70W_W0QQitemZ130062091588QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15329Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem