PDA

View Full Version : Maybe sell the valver for a 172??

McPikie
27-12-2006, 21:47
Yes, You are all going to tell me what a cock I am, but after the valver going pop, I think I need something a bit "newer".

Now, I know I am looking around 4-5k for a clean one with circa 50k on the clock, but are the Cup models really worth that bit more for use as an everyday car??

Please dont tell me to ask on CS :roll:

FATBOY
27-12-2006, 21:54
if ya get something newer dont get a new shape clio??????? they may be faster! but they have no character whatsoever!!!!!

Chris n`nic
27-12-2006, 21:57
I may be biased but get a Cup and you won't look back m8...ask anyone who has been in mine with reasonably basic mods and I'm sure they'll agree. There is more to it than just less toys....

Chris

BigBoreBri
27-12-2006, 22:22
Personally it depends what your after in a car, i always found my 172 a nice car to drive A-B and nip down the shops; you could give it some grief when erm... "required" and it had leather, AC, etc etc... Although i never found it very involving to drive; nice seats but piss poor height, the steering had good feel but lacked any kind of feedback, and the damn thing cost fookin loads to fix wen it went wrong!! :roll:

All in all a good car for the money these days but i cant say i ever took mine down a B-Road and left it grinning like a cheshire cat, unlike the williams which although can too have its faults it keeps me happy no-end and costs me peanuts to look after in retrospect to my 172...

In terms of the MK1 172/MK2 172/CUP/TROPHY etc having driven a number off varients IMO unless your planning on thrashing the thing to its upmost limits just get the best colour/options for your preference! :wink:

Alternatives for <5k are sparse to mind tho, MK3 VR6 or CUPRA R maybe?

Daz.
27-12-2006, 22:27
If I was choosing any of the mk2s I wouldn't entertain any of them other than the 172 cup

lewis_willy2
27-12-2006, 22:35
if ya get something newer dont get a new shape clio??????? they may be faster! but they have no character whatsoever!!!!!

words out of my mouth. they look like all other clios. when you look if you havent got a trained eye from the front the only difference is the bumper and its not always easy to tell. theres also nothing that separated the interior from models like 172 diesel etc.

then look at a williams/16v... i rest my case. theyre the best looking renault ever. imo

lewis

MatBrown
27-12-2006, 22:38
Now, I know I am looking around 4-5k for a clean one with circa 50k on the clock, but are the Cup models really worth that bit more for use as an everyday car??

Cups should be cheaper than an equivalent Full Fat 172.
Renault were knocking out brand new pre-registered '53' plates for £9995.

Mat.

seanofnp
27-12-2006, 23:21
Go for it, i wouldnt get a cup. I love A/C options far too much. I really feel the heat!

FATBOY
27-12-2006, 23:59
well said lewis! whats the cosmetic difference(bodywise) between the 172 and the DCI???? exactly!!! lol

Chris n`nic
28-12-2006, 03:14
Apart from the bonnet vent the willie/Valver has the same differences as the 172...wider arches and different bumper......

I think this looks suitably mean imo

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/chriscup1/frontclean1.jpg

I agree that the 172s look rounder but this in your mirror looks mean enough.....Jesus even mentioned the other week how good it looked when I was behind him

Chris

Bayliss
28-12-2006, 03:44

words out of my mouth. they look like all other clios. when you look if you havent got a trained eye from the front the only difference is the bumper and its not always easy to tell. theres also nothing that separated the interior from models like 172 diesel etc.

then look at a williams/16v... i rest my case. theyre the best looking renault ever. imo

lewis

Incorrect statement there bcos it doesn't look like a V6 which comes in the class of "looks like all other clio's"

IMO I think the 172/182 look alot different "from every other clio" from bumpers and wider front arches, which arn't as obvious as the williams/valver. I mean the valver and williams only look different from "every other mk1" bcos of the bonnet buldge and the wide front. and rear arches. and same with interiors, to get into a 172/182 the interiors are very simular to the williams and valver, not as obvious i must admit but certainly have that sporty feeling and alot more different from a 1.2 or a Diesel. The williams interior is only noticeable from a distance just bcos of the Big "W" embroided onto the seats, if it wasn't for that it would look like "every other mk1 clio" out there.

nyk
28-12-2006, 14:58
Pikie, stop bein an arse! LOL

You know you wont be happy with a 17poo.

McPikie
28-12-2006, 22:29
Pikie, stop bein an arse! LOL

You know you wont be happy with a 17poo.

It's gotta be better than the 471 :oops:

nyk
28-12-2006, 22:35
LOL

You on the poverty wagon my friend!! LOL

Taylor
29-12-2006, 23:40
i love my 172, has the comfort of a newer car, leather AC etc
but still has the feeling of a classic hot hatch lol

adiclio16v
30-12-2006, 04:58
for 5k id buy a e36 m3 or a sierra cossie proper performance car, dont buy a cossie if u want good juice milage and dont want it to break down tho, if u want to go evrywhere sideways and crack 170mph welcome to ford ownership

DaveH
30-12-2006, 14:29
^^ i think he's been there and done that and wouldnt go back lol

McPikie
30-12-2006, 17:11
Dave is right, been there, done that.

However, I have been milling over thoughts of the 1.7 volvo turbo lump in the valver :lol:

mozzawily
31-12-2006, 10:40
Surely after 1 clio you never wanna get another one!! lol