PDA

View Full Version : BURNING smell

Mattie
27-12-2006, 16:06
theres some kind of burning smell that i can smell from inside the car when my heaters on are full blast....if i open the bonnet and stick my head behind the engine block where the exhuast manifold the smell is quite strong....

cant see anythin smoking though...any ideas of areas 2 look just in case there a wire or sumthin melting away???

clio_rsi_turbo
27-12-2006, 16:45
when i had my valver, it seeped oil out of the HG slightly, down the back of the block. so when i'd been for a good run, you could smell burning.

worth a check.

Lunner
27-12-2006, 16:55
Well i'd guess something is burning :lol:

Wi#res wise you have the wire that runs accross the back of the block for the lamba and oil pressure sensor, other thing is is the manifold touching the heat shield etc, or as above oil, but oil smokes quite alot when it touches the manifold

Bayliss
27-12-2006, 17:02
hold the revs at about half on throttle when bonnet is open bcos mine was like that when i first put engine in. if tis cam oil seals it'll leak from between cam cover and rocker cover. or may be oil pressure sensor leaking a lil bit of oil so try and nip it down

Lunner
27-12-2006, 17:04
TBH mate it coudl be anything, you just need to look for signs of leaks or anything melted

clio_rsi_turbo
28-12-2006, 13:09
and another thing is the starter motor wiring runs down the back too.

Mattie
28-12-2006, 21:37
lambda might be worth a try as iv just had that changed!

ill have a look 2moro wen its light as i still havnt had chance to have a look