PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas i'll never forget...

bluenose
27-12-2006, 15:20
Was in a rush to get over to my dads and chanced a red light literally a second after it changed from orange and then boom. Goodnight Williams. I know it was all my fault and im completely gutted :cry: . The car is a total loss. I still cant believe i've done it and on christmas day of all days! Once i get it back im going to break it if anyone needs anything let me know. Nothing is for definate yet though.

FATBOY
27-12-2006, 15:28
ouch! unlucky mate! am gutted for ya! did ya t-bone someone when you jumped it? or up the ass of someone?

bluenose
27-12-2006, 15:36
i got T-boned on drivers side, spun round and went up a curb. It's going to be ages untill i can afford another one, especially with that to declare on my insurance! I feel like a right nob!

FATBOY
27-12-2006, 15:39
bummer! but im sorry to say... the vultures will be circling on here for spares and parts.... if its any consolation(which it wont be much) i got my tax self assessment in today and i owe mr taxman £568!!!!! :(

wavy
27-12-2006, 15:44
unlucky mate :(
on christmas day must be the worst day for any 1
hopefully no 1 in other car was hurt as well

bluenose
27-12-2006, 15:49
Well im gonna have to sell what i can. The engine was untouched in the crash and has only just turned 56k. Im facing a hefty fine and 5 points aswell. As if losing my Williams wasnt enough! Im so determined to have another one cz i loved that car!

Mattie
27-12-2006, 15:54
gutted for ya mate....youv only just got it up and running as well aint ya? :(

id get a valver in the mean time untill you can afford to insure a williams again!

let me know if you break it mate!

bluenose
27-12-2006, 16:00
Yeah it's not been on the road long at all. No-one was hurt at all, just one of those stupid little risks that 9 times out of 10 i would have got away with, but this time it cost me big style! I've still got the RT to get about in but once the dust has settled and im sorted out i'll probs look at getting a valver tbh. yeah i'll let you know, should find out if i can get it back in the next few days.

Daz.
27-12-2006, 16:11
Oh god :(

Keep the engine for the next one?

bluenose
27-12-2006, 16:19
I would but i have nowhere to store it. I think i'll strip as much out of it as i can and then sell the engine with whats left of the shell to someone that wants to do a conversion etc. Not sure how much it would fetch as the HG was just starting to go.

Lunner
27-12-2006, 16:53
I'd have been tempted to say it was still on amber, as the lights go to red, only then do the other ones go to green, so he must have jumped the lights slightly

Gutted though, always think, if only i hadn't done that etc

Get a hybrid with widetrack, and insure it as a valver

bluenose
27-12-2006, 17:11
You live and learn though i suppose. I wish i had said that but i was just in shock tbh.

Lunner
27-12-2006, 17:12
Always the way mate, always think of it after the event

clowo16v
27-12-2006, 18:30
Sorry to hear about the loss of ur car but tbh going thru a red light is about the most dickheadish thing to do ever

Matt

FATBOY
27-12-2006, 18:38
Was in a rush to get over to my dads and chanced a red light literally a second after it changed from orange and then boom. Goodnight Williams. I know it was all my fault and im completely gutted :cry: . The car is a total loss. I still cant believe i've done it and on christmas day of all days! Once i get it back im going to break it if anyone needs anything let me know. Nothing is for definate yet though.

to be fair(clowo16v) mate! it had just literally changed.... there is a crossroads junction in my town and as soon as it changes from green to amber then red, the other side has flicked to red/amber. leaving not even a 1 second gap. there should at least be a 5 second gap(even 10 seconds)

clio-16-valver
27-12-2006, 18:44
Thats really crap :(

Lunner
27-12-2006, 19:34
most traffic lights do that, when racing off the lights (something i'd never do :wink: ), watch the other lights, and go on them going red

summeh
27-12-2006, 21:09
just one of those stupid little risks that 9 times out of 10 i would have got away with

Guess you learned the hard way.

MattyH16valver
27-12-2006, 21:30
Gutted for you m8...tis a shitter when ur pride and joy is destroyed!....will be selling my hybrid soon if ur interested :)

bluenose
28-12-2006, 11:07
lol. I think im gonna have to stick with the RT for a while untill the insurance becomes reasonable again. I'm determined to have another one though. Gives me something to aim for!

Zollo
28-12-2006, 11:09
We all do silly things. I'm sure they'll be plenty of self-righteous gits that will say you deserve everything you got. Just lucky no one ended up hurt or worse, I guess.

Gutted for you mate :(

Tommyturbo
28-12-2006, 13:36
sorry to here it mate hope your ok

but i think you should drop the willy lump in the rt !!!!

sleeper time :)

bluenose
28-12-2006, 13:55
^^Would be nice! lol. But as i said before i've got to wait and see what i get put on my license as insurance might well be a killer for the next year or so.

summeh
28-12-2006, 17:26
Do you have to go to court?

wavy
28-12-2006, 18:07
sorry to here it mate hope your ok

but i think you should drop the willy lump in the rt !!!!

sleeper time :)
i dunno if u mean sleeper declared to insurance or not but

if he had done that with this car(i know he aint) then the shit would hit the fan a lot harder than what it has done now

i dont see the point of paying for insurance if at the end of the day u know its false information u have supplied to get the cheaper policy
they wont pay out u get taken for every thing u own ?

bluenose
02-01-2007, 09:33
Do you have to go to court?
Nah the copper just said i'll get a letter through saying what there gonna prosecute me for and i'll only have to go to court if i want to contest it. The same process as when you get a speeding fine basically. I've got the car back now though so i should make enough from braking it to cover the fine.

Mattie
02-01-2007, 20:25
u def breaking it then mate?

bluenose
03-01-2007, 10:07
Yeah taking off as many bits as i can on sunday mate and selling the engine with whats left! Just wanna raise as much as possible so i can start saving for a new one :(