PDA

View Full Version : Starlet/Glanza v

jules-B
27-12-2006, 15:04
hi all

looking at getting a new car...

brother..who dels in jap cars says these are quite nippy and they also look good imo with some more mods ofcourse....wat are peoples opinons on them?

apparntly the good old japs have got them up to 300+ bhp just using the stock 1.3 turbo engine

jules

projectvalver
27-12-2006, 15:32
Good choice mate.

I went out in my mates one a few weeks back... Superb performance from a 1.3 turbo engine. Handle like on rails aswell...

Defo go for it i say :P

Justin..
27-12-2006, 15:48
erm yeah theyre quick but in no way do they handle good :shock: on stock sus they roll more than the QE2 in high winds :shock: if i bought one my first mod would be coilovers without a doubt

projectvalver
27-12-2006, 16:12
hmmm perhaps my mates had diff suspension :?: cause it was damn good at holding the road

Justin..
27-12-2006, 16:13
must have been, cos my mate imported a white one completely standard, for a silly price i might add , and it awfull handling .

Justin..
27-12-2006, 16:16
oh, and performance wise, with my standard valver and his standard glanza ther wasnt much in it from a standing start but rolling start he'd pull away, quite a bit

jules-B
27-12-2006, 17:08
ye seems that they can be a good contender with many cars...

brothers mates one is about 280-290 bhp

would be interested to get it to a good power figure then santa pod it and see what happens...
suspension seems to be a good thing..as i would want it lower than they come standard anyway
jules

GTI-Russ
29-12-2006, 14:30
Sold the clio for a Glanza V a month back. Will get some pics up. Paid £3,750 and it's running 161bhp at 1bar. Coilovers i have are a bit mental in the fact that ive hit my head on the roof one to many times. there that stiff!

Compared to the clio it's a totaly different car. Handeling is good with coilovers but the seats are shocking and you just fall out the seat all the time. You can only pull away quick if you launch it, which i guess will be a prob with any small engine turbo'd car.

The Problem with the glanza is that it has a boost restrictor in 1st and 2nd which is there to help prevent the spinning the old GT was prone to. Once you hit 3rd its a propper rocket at 1bar. will kill most things from third, have been using the hi'low boost as an over take button on the motorway. :D

Deff worth getting and easy to tune but uprate, seats and suspension ;)

Justin..
29-12-2006, 19:41
you can remove that restrictor by just swapping some vacuum pipes :wink:

nyk
30-12-2006, 02:23
Nice looking car, or can be. Similar to the Daihatsu Charade Turbo I believe??

:lol:

Justin..
30-12-2006, 02:26
lol imo a glanza looks like a micra

GTI-Russ
30-12-2006, 12:46

Yup but it also removes the hi/low turbo. It was removed when i got the car and it was running 1.2 bar. Was just stupid and span like crazy. Lots better with the restrictor as you get a perfect launch evertime in the dry :wink:

Plus the whole micra thing, i see it as a plus when some twat in a chaved up corsa is tail gateing you. lmao they only do it the once :p

lumoxs
30-12-2006, 13:09
quick mate - but not as quick as my hybrid - we have 2 rolling round done here and i raced both ones 160 and the other 150, and they couldn't keep the pace!:lol:

Lunner
30-12-2006, 13:19

Yup but it also removes the hi/low turbo. It was removed when i got the car and it was running 1.2 bar. Was just stupid and span like crazy. Lots better with the restrictor as you get a perfect launch evertime in the dry :wink:

Plus the whole micra thing, i see it as a plus when some t**t in a chaved up corsa is tail gateing you. lmao they only do it the once :p

Thats what your feet are for, just don't dump the clutch at high revs :wink:

GTI-Russ
30-12-2006, 13:24
comming from a slightly modded valver to a small engine turbo running 1.2 bar its a totaly different driving experience. YOu just can't drive it like you drive a valver. You'd be cruising down the road in second, floor it and it would just spin! Would love to try it against a hybrid to see how it does, would be very confident it would destroy a williams but then would depend on the state of tune of the hybrid

Martin
30-12-2006, 13:59
I'd doubt it would spank a williams/hybrid with only 161bhp... :?

They are tuneable cars but turbo's are'nt really my cuppa so I'd steer clear....as stnd they handle terrible as Justin says...

Andy P
30-12-2006, 14:00
Get it down Pod, thats the only way to tell :wink:

Martin
30-12-2006, 14:03
Knowsit.....! 8)