PDA

View Full Version : Master cylinder upgrade

J_A_R_B
26-12-2006, 21:07
Just wondered if there was an easy upgrade for the williams in regards to its master cyinder to improve brake power appart from getting 4 pots (which already have).

J_A_R_B
26-12-2006, 21:08
oh hope everybody had a good christmas day :D

arj256
26-12-2006, 21:45
Shouldnt need to upgrade the mastercylinder? I got a new mastercylinder with 4pots and its great when pads are up to temp.

J_A_R_B
26-12-2006, 23:00
How much is a new master cylinder for the williams? arj256 did putting a new one on make a difference to your braking compared to the old one? mine is fine but if there was an upgrade that wouldn't cost much then why not but there obviously aint?

arj256
26-12-2006, 23:14
Im not sure how much, It was fitted by the previous owner, so wouldnt be able to see if it made a difference over the old one.
Would of thought the 4pots would be very sufficient how they are now though?
I dont think theres a cheap brake upgrade about?

J_A_R_B
26-12-2006, 23:55
the brakes are good need to do fluid change to make them as good as they can be but otherwise just looking for more brake power.

McPikie
27-12-2006, 00:20
Silly question, but have you upgraded the hoses too?

J_A_R_B
27-12-2006, 00:46
yep. nothing wrong with brakes but would like them better still and wondered if there was a potential cheap upgrade

edde
27-12-2006, 02:09
How much is a new master cylinder for the williams? arj256 did putting a new one on make a difference to your braking compared to the old one? mine is fine but if there was an upgrade that wouldn't cost much then why not but there obviously aint?

£90 or so list price was I got it a bit cheaper though its a one off only used in the WIlliams it seemed.

It was chnaged as the brakes didn't work no idea why it didn't work the new master cylinder was better though although it didn't remove the problem I've no idea what the problem was just after 10 miles or so with the new pedal in after being bled loads the brakes fixed themselves. Wheather the old one was worn who knows I woulnd't use it again.

Best upgrade is to use some newer caliper or change the seals etc in yours plus lines if therw worn plus loads of new fluid bled into the system thends2500 pads realy on new disks.

Lunner
27-12-2006, 13:18
So now the question has to be asked, whats the advantages of a williams one over a valver one, and why are they different?

J_A_R_B
27-12-2006, 19:04
good question. Already have the willwood 4 pots so brakes are good just wondered if for example the renault 19's master cylinder was bigger and therefore help stopping power would be able to fit one. just an idea

Lunner
27-12-2006, 19:32
tbh i think it will just be the pressure it applies on the system, with a smaller master cylinder you just ahve t push harder.....i think

edde
28-12-2006, 00:52
So now the question has to be asked, whats the advantages of a williams one over a valver one, and why are they different?
Who knows ,it looks just the same as the normal none RS ones which look just the same as the ESP cars which have bigger piping on them.