PDA

View Full Version : I ahve no condidance in my car atm

Lunner
23-12-2006, 10:37
...esp after i went grass tracking round leeds ring road, thing is i wasnt' going fast and the back end just came away, over corrected it, and couldn't catch it when it spun back, bounced up kerb and went grass tracking, no damage apart from to my pride.

Suppose the shit tyres on the back don't help, coupled with the good ones on the front, and the totally ****ed front shockers,a nd the fact i ahve more camber one side than the other and the fact that my tracking is spot on when staraight, but miles off on lock, and as a result the outsode 2" of my front tyres are bald.

Add inot that mix that fact that my brakes are full of air and the rears are totaly ****ed, plus i'm still running at std height

wazza16v
23-12-2006, 11:05
mate im going through the same thing at the moment with my car, things seem to be going wrong one of my hids have stopped working and its that time of the year when your skint because of christmas.

wavy
23-12-2006, 12:27
Suppose the s**t tyres on the back don't help, coupled with the good ones on the front, and the totally f**ked front shockers,a nd the fact i ahve more camber one side than the other and the fact that my tracking is spot on when staraight, but miles off on lock, and as a result the outsode 2" of my front tyres are bald

sorry no idea what the problem could be :lol: :lol:

at least u didnt break it

Lunner
23-12-2006, 13:18
i also ahve a cluckign and getting a bit of vibration at motorway speeds through wheel, plus i ahve a couple of oil leaks where i had the crankshaft oil seals out several times,a nd i think my clutch might be slipping a bit

stan
23-12-2006, 13:58
sounds like theres some suspension damage.

Lunner
23-12-2006, 14:23
99% sure the front shocks are bent as when i put valver shocks on the camber changes by different amounts each side, and tracking is different

McPikie
23-12-2006, 19:25
From the shocking spelling on that post, I would say it was the 6 stella's that caused it :lol:

Lunner
23-12-2006, 19:29
It was the fact that i haven't even looked at a keyboard for months, let alone typed anything

Mattie
23-12-2006, 19:54
you just need 2 learn 2 drive i think tom

:wink:

Lunner
23-12-2006, 20:00
Do you wanna come to the next track day with me and give me some pointers?

VIPERONE
24-12-2006, 08:51
your mistake was on a public highway not a track... driving fast on public roads is an entirely different ball game to the track..

you probably powered on to early upsetting one of the variables which keep your car on the road..ie the forces which keep your car stable shifted to the rear n/s of the car.

The principles of car control are: information position speed gear acceleration, you should never overlap your steering(position) your accelerating and your braking, you need to assess whether your limit point is static or moving away. if it is moving away your speed is correct if not then your speed is too great.
:wink:

Lunner
24-12-2006, 12:07
hang on, i was going the same speed as teh cars infront, 40 mph, in a 60 limit, if i powered on to early as you put it i woudl simply have understeared off the outside of the bend, the acceleration was constant, i'm not that much of an amature to lift off half way througha corner, the back end hit something on teh road and slid out

you probably powered on to early upsetting one of the variables which keep your car on the road..ie the forces which keep your car stable shifted to the rear n/s of the car.

Had that been the case then the arse end wouldn't have come out, think about it son :wink:

VIPERONE
24-12-2006, 17:30
obviously one of the forces shifted or you wouldn't have lost your back end..naturally oil and diesel are also a factor as r bald tyres.

over exuberance on the throttle is also a factor :lol: :lol: :lol:

white16valver
26-12-2006, 21:55
This is why, despite being called a pussy, I always put my good tyres on the rear! lol

Zollo
27-12-2006, 11:57
Suppose the s**t tyres on the back don't help, coupled with the good ones on the front, and the totally f**ked front shockers,a nd the fact i ahve more camber one side than the other and the fact that my tracking is spot on when staraight, but miles off on lock, and as a result the outsode 2" of my front tyres are bald.

I'm not surprised you have no confidence in it. Crazy fooool :shock:

McPikie
27-12-2006, 13:33
i'm not that much of an amature to lift off half way througha corner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the best bit

Lunner
27-12-2006, 13:36

That's the best bit

8)

Lunner
27-12-2006, 13:37

That's the best bit

8)

....only when i mean to go sideways....... http://media.putfile.com/FCS-dick-about