PDA

View Full Version : Valver Getting a bit hot!

Ingram11
23-12-2006, 04:30
Or8,got my gearbox fixed and my valvers back,i know this is in the wrong place but i need urgent advice,(AGAIN)as i need the car at x mas and intent to sort it today,earlyer on the car got a bit further up the temp gauge than normal and no fan was there,i switched it off and bout a minuit after fan kicked in,later on it continues to get hot quite fast,it normally takes about 2 minuits of driving to get this warm but it took about 10,later on i looked at the water,tank was empty,so i filled it up put cap back on and carried on driving around,it was fine,nevver got too warm,it was just as it normally is,3 hour after it began straying up the temp gauge,so i went home,looked at the water and is empty agen,no mayonnaise shit on the cap,no water on dipstick,car isnt misfiring or anything,please can sumbody help me with this,pissed off as i only got it back 2 days ago,sorry for this bin in wrong section but it will get more attention on general,please reply asap,Cheers,liam

Ingram11
23-12-2006, 04:31
by the way,where it says 2 minuits it means 20!llol

Allan
23-12-2006, 09:11
fill it up take it for a quick run to warm it up then jump out leave it running if you can see water / coolant i would check your pipes :D

Lunner
23-12-2006, 10:13
I'm guessing the n/s coolant hose was taken off to aid gearboz fitting, esp if it was done at a garage and taken out the top then it defo will ahve been,.

Sounds liek the system wasnt' bled properly, ence the coolant drop and the heating up quickjley cus of lack of coolant, lucky you spotted it before the car overheated etc

Plattsy
23-12-2006, 10:22
check coolant cood be a bust rad or pipe

Lunner
23-12-2006, 10:30
only if you have patches of water on the floor under the car which i presume he'd ahve checked, if they'va had the coolant pipes off worth checking they are been fully tightened as well

MatBrown
23-12-2006, 11:57
As lunner said, sounds like an airlock due to incorrect bleeding.

Mat.

Ingram11
23-12-2006, 14:06
Well i just had a look and there seems to be water leaking onto the top of the gearbox,il take filter off and have a better look,