PDA

View Full Version : i want to buy my first williams

pacificf1
23-12-2006, 01:52
hello everyone first post and for reasons i wont bore you with i want to buy a clio williams, i dont realy mind which number 1,2, or 3 but what i do want is an honest original car, no aftermarket max power style add ons, genuine mileage, not crash damaged, full service history, and i need your help, what should i be wary of? what should i be looking for? and will i get what i need for around 3k?, thanks and look forward to hearing from you all, Jason.

matt uk
23-12-2006, 02:02
the prices are really down at the minute

for 3k you'd get a very very good willy 2 if you shop around

Daz.
23-12-2006, 02:17
Hellooo

First off do a search on this forum on things to look out for - its been pretty much covered from every angle ever :lol:

I'd decide which you have an incling for first before you start looking - if you want total originality you'll have to be aware of what is standard on that version of williams...

i.e williams 1 - phase one items like grille, bump strips, lights, plaque etc..

Williams 2 - phase 2 goodies..

Williams 3 - abs, sunroof etc etc..

fasterthanjesus
23-12-2006, 09:22
things to look for...

rust under the doors
rust under the tailgate
noisy pas
play in steering column
clutch and cambelt last change dates

pas pump and clutch and cambelt should ideally be done all at once (if they haven been touched for a long while). unfortunately my pas pump went 2 weeks after clutch!

checkout the "for sale" section, should give you an idea...

where abouts are you? somebody local may be able to assist in checking a vehicle out.

ftj

ps welcome!

Andy
23-12-2006, 12:09
dont buy of ebay prices are down on the cars there because they are only fit for braking look on autotrader some good examples and all over 2k,
unfortunatly you get what you pay for...

be wary off crash damaged rust on the sills and rear quaters ...fsh is allways good just shop around look at a few and dont buy the first one you see because you cant see past gold alloys

good luck ...

Hulio
28-12-2006, 16:25
Yeah, I had some crash damaged rust on one of my quaters. Itched like hell.......oh sorry wrong forum.