powerflow special

loud as fcuk.

lol

big hp
20-12-2006, 17:36
powerflow special

loud as fcuk.

lol

Not the best idea to have it loud on a track car. Be nothing worse then getting black flagged for noise levels.

stew
20-12-2006, 18:22
powerflow special

loud as fcuk.

lol

Not the best idea to have it loud on a track car. Be nothing worse then getting black flagged for noise levels.

yep :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:

Andy
20-12-2006, 18:33
they are quite strict at trackdays marshals have nothing else to do

Lee Keefy
20-12-2006, 19:13
powerflow special

loud as fcuk.

lol

yep :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:

hope we dont then!!

stew
20-12-2006, 20:17
normal systems are usually fine.

just dont go ott, or you will get a black flag and noise test.

my side exit beast passed 100.9db(A) @ 4krpm static (1m, 45deg angle!). limit was 105db(A) at cadwell where it was done. :shock: apparently 99db(A) @ 7krpm from the opposite side of the car behind the armco barrier! LOL

it now has another silencer box in it, and should be fine for everything. just not worth having it too loud, but i was limited for space, so the design was just one silencer....bad idea.

now with 2 silencers its like a normal sports system...ish! :twisted:

2 live
20-12-2006, 21:34
lol...never had any probs with my powerflow passin noise regs on the couple trackdays iv done..tyres being too loud .......yes lol

and my side exit is loads quieter than my powerflow full system.

Lee Keefy
21-12-2006, 01:03
lol...never had any probs with my powerflow passin noise regs on the couple trackdays iv done..tyres being too loud .......yes lol

and my side exit is loads quieter than my powerflow full system.

Wait till the baffles collapse, and they will believe me. I used to work for Top Gear in Burnley and build powerflow exhausts all day long.

2 live
21-12-2006, 10:20
thats where i got mine done.....and the valver before it..been going there for over 7 years....havent seen you there fella. cudda got extra discount lol

one on the willy has been on for 5 years.......still.....no reason to call in the warranty.

James_R
21-12-2006, 10:44
Ask ashley exhusts about a one off John up there is great he's done a few one off for me, mild steel, as for rusting, OEM stuff seems to last ok, and the wall thickness is better than crappy paper thing stainless

nyk
21-12-2006, 10:50
thats where i got mine done.....and the valver before it..been going there for over 7 years....havent seen you there fella. cudda got extra discount lol

one on the willy has been on for 5 years.......still.....no reason to call in the warranty.

Yeah I was there for about 2 years, with gary before Laurence was there. The pipe is good quality but the boxes are crap they import form japan and China, was always having people coming back with them.

Lee Keefy
21-12-2006, 10:51

Yeah I was there for about 2 years, with gary before Laurence was there. The pipe is good quality but the boxes are crap they import form japan and China, was always having people coming back with them.

Dint realise was already logged in as Nyk. oops.

2 live
21-12-2006, 10:57

hmmm i had 1 on the valver for over 2 years...guy who bought it off me was local..he had it for a further 3 years..neither me nor him had probs wi that....till he sold it on again n it got wrote off.

like i said the willy 1 has been on for 5 years +.....never had any trouble wi that either.....quite a few of the lads from round here have had their zorsts fitted there...again no problems....and quite a few have had them fitted there off the forum....again...no probs.think monkey had 1 or 2 probs when they did his tho...but nowt to do with the silencers.

iv heard some bad things about powerflow........but never from the burnley outlet....but then most complaints have been about shoddy welding.

how long ago u work there?? musta bin a good while back if it was b4 the welsh wizard of corsas ;) lol

Lee Keefy
21-12-2006, 15:40

hmmm i had 1 on the valver for over 2 years...guy who bought it off me was local..he had it for a further 3 years..neither me nor him had probs wi that....till he sold it on again n it got wrote off.

like i said the willy 1 has been on for 5 years +.....never had any trouble wi that either.....quite a few of the lads from round here have had their zorsts fitted there...again no problems....and quite a few have had them fitted there off the forum....again...no probs.think monkey had 1 or 2 probs when they did his tho...but nowt to do with the silencers.

iv heard some bad things about powerflow........but never from the burnley outlet....but then most complaints have been about shoddy welding.

how long ago u work there?? musta bin a good while back if it was b4 the welsh wizard of corsas ;) lol

laurence replaced gary,i was there in 2001,i left when he told me he'd put me the company insurance but didn't,i got banned because of it,the problems are with the baffles inside the boxes not being tacked properly and workin loose,we used to open the ends and get the pipe in as far as we could to combat it,they are on top of it now...

2 live
21-12-2006, 16:10
gary the guy that started it up???

Lee Keefy
21-12-2006, 18:08
Thats the one.

2 live
21-12-2006, 21:32
aye he fitted the 1 to me valver

Lee Keefy
23-12-2006, 20:44
he was good at what he did but he had funny hands (crosser crash) and he were always smokin :lol: