PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuild few questions and advice

NAPLES VALVER 123
18-12-2006, 00:18
right ive been saving for a while and soon im thinking about getting the engine rebuilt. 8) just want some help and advice. :)

Currently my car is a 1.8 16v, so i was think about chaging this for the williams engine, if so is it just the engine, gearbox ,ecu that i need?

Im going to get the head and bottom end along with the gearbox rebuilt so does this mean that the when im looking for a engine it doesnt really matter to much what condition it is in? :?

with it being rebuilt what would be the best aftermarket performance products to get changed cams, filter, chip, remap?

and fiannly i want the work to be done properly and of good quality so does anyone have recomnedations to where i can get the work done and what kinda of price im looking at :?

sorry for the essay :oops: just trying to get as much help and advice as possible 8)

many thanks :)

stan
18-12-2006, 00:28
Hi mate,

Yup, engine, box and ecu needed ideally. Failing that, engine and retain your current valver box....and if your planning on mods to the engine, then remap the 1.8 ecu to suit.

As for rebuilds, I charge £1380 for a full rebuild...this is clean, strip, clean all parts...measure/check suitability of crank, pistons etc, then clean all parts again...rebuild with new bearings, shells, seals, gaskets, waterpump, cambelt kit...skimmed head, block painted gloss black.
Shop around, this is the cheapest you'll find for a proper job :D

As for modifications, it really depends on your budget, but again I can supply and fit these if required.

Cams and headwork are the first port of call...spec and output depending on money spent, but basics would be £450 for cams, £200 for pulleys, and £350 for headwork.
spec, power, and of course price increase from here on in!

for more info on my work, or just advice, pm me or call 07858884261

Craig