PDA

View Full Version : Clutch cable path

Slithers
15-12-2006, 21:05
Alright

Can anyone give me a description of the correct route a clutch cable should take?

2 live described it to me over the phone but i've forgot most of it

Many thanks

Matt

Slithers
16-12-2006, 09:16
anybody, its pretty important i find out, if someone could take a couple of photos that would be great.

northy
16-12-2006, 10:40
Never done one mate - replace as it came out ?????

Slithers
16-12-2006, 11:56
Never done one mate - replace as it came out ?????

Well the first one broke completely and when i was removing it my mate gave it a right good yank and it pulled the cable completely out of the bay in one go so i didn't get a chance to take note of the way it went in.

Coops
16-12-2006, 15:20
it goes from pedal end, down out of bulkhead, turns UNDER the steering column to rack joint, and then routes along the rear fo the subframe (shud be some little clips) then sweeps up and clips to chassis on right hand side under coil pack. then under edge of battery tray and round into the gearbox. make sure it goes DOWN only when it comes out of bulkhead then curves under the back of the rack/column, otherwise it will strain it and break again. by doing this it also keeps it away from heat of zorst.

Coops

Slithers
17-12-2006, 19:29
it goes from pedal end, down out of bulkhead, turns UNDER the steering column to rack joint, and then routes along the rear fo the subframe (shud be some little clips) then sweeps up and clips to chassis on right hand side under coil pack. then under edge of battery tray and round into the gearbox. make sure it goes DOWN only when it comes out of bulkhead then curves under the back of the rack/column, otherwise it will strain it and break again. by doing this it also keeps it away from heat of zorst.

Coops

Coops you are a star, cannot thank you enough mate.

Merry Xmas to you sir