PDA

View Full Version : Devil exhaust problem/knocking

mutley
12-12-2006, 19:38
im having a nightmare time with my exhaust! it rattles to hell when i get to high revs in most gears. its mainly coming from the decat and knocking against the heatsield there, also, this knocking is killing my gaskets/seals causing blows. has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this problem.....

i had it in the air today on the works lift and i'm sure something aint right, the middle hanger (just behind the decat on the car) has been modded to allow the devil hanger to fix onto it. im thinking this could be bringing the exhaust too high to the body work?? what happens if i take this mount off? i guess that would cause stress on the decat seals again??

Just an observation, but others who have a devil system, do you recall if your cat/decat has the lip inside that fits into the middle section? mine are flush and are sealed just by gaskets and paste.

finally, if the engine mounts are shot, and the engine is moving/rocking would this cause exessive knocking??

cheers guys. any thoughts appreciated!
Dan

motormadj
13-12-2006, 10:51
hi mate, i had a similiar prob on my williams with a devil, always nocking etc... but after changing the rubbers that hold it in position, everything was so much better... try changing the position slightly and see if its any better...

2 live
13-12-2006, 11:02
de-cat shud have the lip in too....mine has iirc

northy
13-12-2006, 11:17
when you say it rattles - i take it the exhaust is in good condition and not broken anywhere.

mutley
13-12-2006, 19:51
the exhaust is fine, no holes, dents or anything. i may take it to the garage get them to whip it off and put it back on with new rubbers and gaskets.