PDA

View Full Version : willy 3 vs seat leon cupra r

bigjim
02-05-2005, 17:50
i was heading to work early sunday morning just approaching large r.a with a bmw in front of me and im taking the exit of r.a onto long stretch of dual carriageway and im hoping the 3 series is going to do the same so i can waste him (was a 318 ci new shape) but he turns right so im in 2nd and spot red cupra r just ahead of me on inside lane of dual carriageway so i nail it in 2nd and im in outside lane by this time hes seen me and has started to boot it to try and not let me pass but im side by side max revs in second into 3rd and im away from him kept it floored in 3rd was up to 90mph had pulled several car lengths on him and he had been humbled, i think he underestamated the williams. 8) my car has hillpower stage 1 conversion and a full magnex by the way. was happy as they are 210bhp iirc.

Martin
03-05-2005, 07:35
Good work fella, imo those cupra r's are'nt really quick till high speeds as they weight so much....unless they are tuned, then you'll get whooped! lol

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 10:44
I wonder what his version of events is like :lol:

That's the great things about driving drivels, its all down to the imagination as its all 1 sided :wink:

You overtook him as he was unaware. You were already booting it upto his rear end before he reacted meaning you were travelling with higher speed and most importantly momentum. By the time it took the Cupra R to react and to overcome the turbo lag you were already past. Dont take the brains of an archbishop to work that 1 out :roll:

Hardly a race mate. If overtaking a car flicks your switch then there's plenty of porsches and ferraris out there that you can overtake and claim a scalp on

Give yourself a pat on the back :lol:

IMO no performance hatch will pull significantly on any other performance hatch if both drivers are on the ball with the speeds you have mentioned. Its not until you start getting higher up the scale when the RS's/LCR's/CTR's etc will start to pull away

J o n
04-05-2005, 10:55
... but Mitchy, why's a Cupra R fast? I'd piss on a 210bhp one... for fun! Your chipped up one may be fast, but lets keep it real eh?

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 10:57
Aweful cars, simply aweful cars.

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 10:59
Its not that fast mate im just stating that the speeds mentioned are unrealistic for any car to pull on another.

The LCR is circa 0-100 of 17 secs which of course is not great but it would take a pretty special williams to make any ground on it 2nd/3rd gear.

I now have 320hp running through mine with over 270 @ wheels but speeds mentioned 60-90mph i doubt i'd pull much on any other performance hatch.

Its what happens beyound them speeds that you can call a scalp

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 11:00
Aweful cars, simply aweful cars.

No need to slate the williams mate :lol: :wink:

Have you driven 1 to be able to back up your opinion?

Martin
04-05-2005, 11:02
You gonna run up @ Pod Mitchy? Should shift a bit with 320 bhp...once you've got it moving.

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 11:18
We own different cars as it would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same so im not starting the rubbish off of i own an oil tanker and you own a tin shed etc. A williams will easily trounce an LCR on the twisty B roads. An LCR will easily trounce a williams on a motorway.

Keep it calm and civilised stromba :wink:

With 320 i'd be hoping to push low-mid 13's. A TT i know of with 360bhp is consistently hitting 12.9 @ pod but it does have 4wd launch but then again it also has 4wd losses when moving :lol:

Back to the original post, i was just stating for 2 performance hatches with on the ball drivers at the speeds mentioned (2nd/3rd) there's never going to be a significant win/loss.

J o n
04-05-2005, 11:26
well Mitchy, I know how anal you are and how much you love looking at the Lax Power car figures, but Rob's std Williams is 0-60 in 6.8... that's with 2 gear changes... Northy's is 7.1 and to be fair he's not the most experienced 1/4 miler, that was on his first day on a wet/muddy track. So basically all this talk of stats is bollox. My car shouldn't be as fast as my m8's Scooby with 250+bhp (RR'd at Jap Inovations Oldham)... but it is... and he still wasn't even starting to pull at 120+ mph. I think you actually need to get out there and drive before you form an opinion, as your's is all theory no practise. Bring yourself to York and you can see for yourself... I'm sure one of the lads of here will more than give you a good straight line race too (i'm assuming you wont be wanting to do corners? :lol: )

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 11:59
Mitchy Mitchy Mitchy.

Why anyone would buy a Cupra R if speed was their primary need i do not know. Id buy a Cupra R if i was a balding middle aged man with kids, but felt i needed a bit of BHP to make up for my small cock. But ill let that one slip for now. 5 door :shock:

Also, like the Jesus said, if you beleive that a standard Williams actually does 0-60 in 7.4 seconds after its run in, then i have some ocean front property in Birmingham you may like to purchase. You can knock half a second off a Williams 0-60 just by raising the rev limit so you dont need 2 changes to get there.

Im sure your 320 BHp Cupra would hand my Williams its ass on a plate on the road or on the track. Just as Daimkis' throttle bodies 9k rev limit Williams would hand your Cupra its ass on a plate and then make you eat it. Its swings and roundabouts.

But at the end of the day, i really dont care if the other guy has a faster car than me. Because i would prefere to beat a faster car using my skill, agression, eye hand cooridination and race craft. And fool can chip a car to 320 bhp and press the accelerator. :roll:

NickFr
04-05-2005, 12:19
I have probably driven the most cars on this forum spanning the last 26 years including a 400+Bhp RS500 Cosworth, the Williams for a 11yr old car is unbelievable, all these driving tales are and always will be a little bit slanted in favour of the "teller" but there harmless fun.

There appears to be a fixation for BHP, in reality its all about usability, its the handling and braking that on todays modern roads that are more important. I would never knock your motor, but is after all only a spanish Fiat, that has no pedigree or class, indeed in 11 years time is unlikely to be remembered with any affection at all. :roll:

lagerlout1
04-05-2005, 12:27
A guy I know has just had an LCR (225)..
Oh and King, he's a middle aged copper, whos really fat and sweaty and has never had a girlfriend - just for reference. :wink:

As Mitchy said, there's nowt between it and my 172 (or any of the hot hatches really) below 100.... as the speeds rise, you can see his extra power continue to build his momentum and start to pull away.

As a motorway car, I think they take some beating. What really lets them down in my book (and it's a personal thing) it the fact negotiating them through a set of bends is like steering a fully laden super tanker through a gigantic bowl of porridge. Sooooo heavy.

Good brakes though. And you can't argue with 270 bhp for £500......

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 12:34
I can argue with 5 doors though.

J o n
04-05-2005, 12:37
Lagerlout, good points there, I'd agree with that to a degree, you always get faster or slower cars though. If a 172 is as quick as the 225bhp one, which sounds about right, as the 225's are just off pace of a hybrid valver I know of ;)

...now, the 210 cant be as fast as the 225... so going by the laws of common sense i'd imagine that the 210 is not as quick... hence the Williams pulling away? :roll:

are you sure it's not just a case of I own a Cupra and it's the fastest car in the world? I mean yours will be megga fast as it's modded... like your Scoob apparently was. Reality of it is neither of those two cars are particularly awe inspiring on performance as standard. My m8's is modded and FEELS a lot faster than it actually is... in reality it struggles with a 2.0 FWD N/A car... I know as the speeds rise he'd pulverise me, but who races o 130 or more these days? I usually stop at 100 or so if starting at lower speeds, it's got silly a few times i'll admit... but very rare, i'd not trust some random dood to be racing to daft speed.

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 12:39
I have to agree. Williams 0002 would deffo beat Williams 0200. And by a number of car lengths.

Jills 172 is also pretty quick.

Some 172's ive driven have been slowwwwww

J o n
04-05-2005, 13:48
just found some stats on the Cupra...

zero to boredom is the best in it's class, in fact it's yet to be beaten!

it also boasts the biggest OAP cult following. According to recent reports as many as 500 OAP's turned out to the Seat open day held at Manchester Senile Dementia Retirement Hospice to pay homage to the little VAG powered beast. One onlooker said "yeah, tis great, in my day we didn't have cars like these, I can piss meself and the urine just falls harmlessly off the leather and into the footwell, it's reet good!"

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 14:11
I have found a website with the original manufacturers stats.

40-60: yes thats the correct age group to buy the car

Brakes: Yes frequent loo stops unless you go for the colostomy option (colostomy option includes drivers and passenger bag, silicon tubing and gold plated cathetar)

Spare tyre: Comes as standard on all owners waists

Tool kit: Comes with self-vasectomy kit and emergency Countdown board game.

Some other interesting facts about the Cupra R:

Its the only car in the world to be reccommended by the American dental association, the American Diabetic association and Oxfam.

NASSA used the aerodynamic design to build its toilet block at cape canaveral.

The paint on the Cupra R is specially designed to reflect attention

Shell is interested in the steering system to fit it to its oil tankers.

NickFr
04-05-2005, 14:27
Well, I fall into that age range and yet I would never ever ever BUY one :lol:

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 14:54
LOL @ this thread.

Comparing an LCR to a clio williams :lol: :lol: :lol:

If i wanted the chav boyracer image and an a 11 year old car i would have bought 1. Some of you guys are living in the past. Cars have moved on and the clio williams is way behind.

I wasn't going to start this drivel but some of you are in the clouds with your little tin cans.

I'd probably get beaten up if i turned up at work in an 11 yr old renault clio. Some have pride, some dont give a shit.

Move on with the times guys. Im sure you dont wear shell suits and have 18 inch mobile phones so why bleat on about a prehistoric old heap.

Awaiting ban :lol:

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 14:55
You probably get beaten up at work anyway Mitchy. Something to do with being unpopular, nothing to do with what car you drive. :wink:

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 14:57
LOL :lol:

Unpopular on max power forums only mate :wink:

It was always you guys that started this drivel on cliosport too.

Its like you all have something to prove. You aint fooling me mate!

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 14:59
Were you embarrassed walking into a SEAT dealership and asking for a 'sports car'?

Martin
04-05-2005, 14:59
It's just like the good old days.....Ahhh :lol:

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 15:01
Were you embarrassed walking into a SEAT dealership and asking for a 'sports car'?

Coming from a male who owns a renault clio :lol: :lol:

Like i said, i'd get beaten up as its a girls car, or should i say poof's car :lol:

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 15:06
Are you a good driver Mitchy? I mean a fast driver? Round a circuit? Can you cut it with the men, or do you play with the boys?

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 15:13
You biting king :wink: I'm only playing with you mate :lol:

I've never taken my car on track so i suppose i'd be a bit poo. You'd probably kick my ass on track the first couple of times until i had a bit of experience :oops:

Im sure the clio williams is as good as its always been. It had a good write up in the evo article and can easily handle todays performance hatches.

However IMO it aint the king of hatches. It may have go kart abilities but thats about it compared with todays hatches. Straight line speed/comfort/styling/standard equipment it gets left trailing way behind.

I weren't going to start all this drivel but you guys made it so easy by slating my car, i thought why not do the same.

As to the original post. I think the williams driver took the other driver completely unaware or the story is 1 sided :wink:

I'm off to work now so i expect 6 pages by tomorrow morning with everything from mitchy you asshole to SEAT is a cheap Audi and the LCR is an oil tanker. You have to be 45 to drive a seat and so on and so on.

I await your witty responses especially you jesus :wink:

VIPERONE
04-05-2005, 15:21
i very much disagree mitchy.. there is several williams on here that can readily break the 150 mph barrier.

J o n
04-05-2005, 15:23
Mitchy makes me laugh, i'm amazed he can afford to run and buy any car given his forum IQ is that of a reprobate. Yes it's French, yes it's a girls car, yes they rust... but it's not a Seat and that's the main thing! I love the way you make out like your driving a marque of distinction... unlucky pal, but you drive a re-badged Skoda wannabe who's engine is the VW, Audi and Seat whore. Badge snobbery from a Seat owner, whatever next... :shock: :lol:

As for Max Power... didn't you own a Scoob... and in the same year try and vote the BNP into power?

Why would we want to ban you anyway, I take humour in your posts and their repetitiveness, although maybe you could try and insult the Clio from a different angle as you are quite boring. I'd actually like to take you out in my car though still, you'd be shocked at the performance and I'd promise not to leave your blood soaked carcass on the moors... no really! :roll: :wink: :lol:

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 15:25
Straight line speed - 0-60 in mid 6's standard. 134 mph top speed. 1/4 mile in 14 to 15 as standard. Nothing today in the hot hatch market that would blow that away

Equipement - It was deliberately designed by Reno to have no equipment, so thats a non sensical argument. Its a rally homologation car. It doesnt need equipement.

Styling - Of course it looks 10 years old. It is 10 years old. But still looks agressive and fast, unlike todays bubble cars. No hatched today with flaired arches.

Comfort - Most people who have driven one agree with me that the williams seats are some of the best you will find anywhere in any car

Handling - Will easily keep pace with any modern hatch, and alot of cars not even in its price range. Dont beleive the hype that the 182 is a better drive, better handler or more balanced. It isnt. And neither is the V6.

You have to remeber this is driving tales, not confort tales. Williams drivers really dont care about equipement or styling, although the williams is still one of the most striking cars around today (everyone recongises what it is).

The Williams isnt the best performer in all areas, there are other cars that can outperform it in certain areas.

What the Williams is, is an fantastic all rounder. The thing that does make it still the king of hatches is that it is more than just a car. It has something that the 205 gti, 182 and Golf gti will never have. It is recognised by everyday people that know nothing about cars, as a Clio Williams. Everyone knows its gold wheels and distictive badges. It has become an icon. And that is why soon it will also become a classic.

Jan
04-05-2005, 15:32
The williams is a very special car 8)

I am very embarassed now to think i was deciding between a VTS and a williams when buying :oops:

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 16:38
Mitchy if you havnt been on track why not come to our sprint day in August? Ideal opportunity to test the Uber SEAT against the rotting french hatches we own.

J o n
04-05-2005, 16:41
Mitchy if you havnt been on track why not come to our sprint day in August? Ideal opportunity to test the Uber SEAT against the rotting french hatches we own.

he wont mate, he prefers talking 0-60 with his spotty teenage associates (would say friends, but dont wanna be accused of lying ;))

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 16:43
I reakon we could pursuade him to come along.

J o n
04-05-2005, 16:56
i doubt it, if you talk a lot of shit and never show your face anywhere people kinda lose time and respect for people. besides which, he contributes nothing but stupidity for us to mock... which (dont get me wrong) is a good thing, but people like that always tend to be muted and less vocal when you meet em... at least you lot all know I like to wind people up and have a laugh and will say what I think regardless of whether or not i'm behind a keyboard.
the other side is he'd be ashamed too, afterall, he refers to his car as an LCR a lot... is that because Leon could be taken as being some Spanish fag MX5 driver that works in a beauty salon? Ford Sharon next on the list ;)

Mitchy
04-05-2005, 18:13
Ashamed about what jesus? Not owning a renault clio williams but owning an LCR? :? :lol: And you blame me for talking shite behind a keyboard. I could have bought 4 clio williams cars for what i paid for the leon.

0-60's not my thing jesus.

60-160 is :lol:

As to my car being an LCR, that's what it is :? What's your point :roll: :? It's a badged up leon, the same as a cliosport is a badged clio and a CTR is a badged honda civic and a 147gta is a badged alfa romeo and an R32 is a badged golf and a Focus RS is a badged Focus.

Are you really that stupid to start an argument about this, i can go all day :roll:

I love the way you try to slate me as being stupid when you have no idea of my engineering knowledge. I've been stripping and rebuilding engines and gearboxes from an early age and being an aircraft technician by trade also helps my engineering background :lol: :wink:

I love you too jesus :lol: :lol:

big hp
04-05-2005, 18:33
Mitchy come to the sprint day. I'll pay for you.

Put up or shut up. The challenge is on the table.

NickFr
04-05-2005, 18:38
I could strap a rocket to a piece of shit and make it go quick, but it is and will always remain a piece of shit. As to " I could have bought 4 clio Williams for what I paid for the Leon" proves how stupid you really are, ones a appreciating classic the other is a spanish taxi, albeit a fast one, it will be practically worthless in 5 years let alone 10. :roll:

bigjim
04-05-2005, 18:48
ha ha. cant believe the aggro my post has started. the lcr wasnt totally unaware of me and when i started to pass him i was only doing about 30 and he was nailing it. he obviously thought he was going to stop me passing him but he couldnt, my willy should be putting out around 160-165 bhp and weighs considerably less, i handed him his ass on a plate, plain and simple.

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 19:00
[quote="Mitchy"]Ashamed about what jesus? Not owning a renault clio williams but owning an LCR? :? :lol: And you blame me for talking shite behind a keyboard. I could have bought 4 clio williams cars for what i paid for the leon.

quote]

So you paid for the leon outright? Or is it on finance. Because if its on finance, it isnt your car.

KingStromba
04-05-2005, 19:04
[quote
As to my car being an LCR, that's what it is :? What's your point :roll: :? It's a badged up leon, the same as a cliosport is a badged clio and a CTR is a badged honda civic and a 147gta is a badged alfa romeo and an R32 is a badged golf and a Focus RS is a badged Focus.

:[/quote]

A williams isnt a badged up 16v, its a homologation special. Unique engine built specially for it. Unique suspension geometry set up especially for it. Unique wheels designed by speedline especially for it. Unique seats, unique dash, unique interior etc.

What is unique on the Cupra R? Im guessing **** all. Its all VW and audi parts.

VIPERONE
04-05-2005, 20:48
Muhaha.. u guys have me in stitches with your comments.....

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 01:08
Stromba, paid all in cash so the car is 100% mine. No loan, no finance. Same with the scoob and same with my type R. I initially had a £5000 loan for my 1st car but that was paid off a while back!

Nick i have pride in what i drive hence i dont drive an old shit heap like a clio williams! My brembos alone are worth more than some of the old heap clios i see going around :lol:

Its obvious this is driving drivels as its the exact same crew that talked shit on the cliosport boards :wink:

Where's all the ferrari bashing threads?

My original post had nothing really to do with LCR vs williams. it was more to do with how 1 performance hatch will not leave another with the speeds mentioned. Its you morons who have led the thread to this drivel

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 01:10
when i started to pass him i was only doing about 30 and he was nailing it.

That's not what you said in your original post.

I think i've made my point about driving fairy tales as the story has now changed to 30mph :lol:

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 01:12
i nail it in 2nd and im in outside lane by this time hes seen me and has started to boot it to try and not let me pass but im side by side max revs in second into 3rd

Side by side max revs in 2nd but yet you pass him at 30mph :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This proves my point :lol: Look at my above post and tell me the glaring difference :lol:

Anyway i'll leave you all to argue amongst yourselves about how your shit heaps are so much better than every other car made. I've had my fun but this is boring :roll: :roll:

I'll pop my head in, in about a week to see if your all just as sad :lol:

J o n
05-05-2005, 08:28
i nail it in 2nd and im in outside lane by this time hes seen me and has started to boot it to try and not let me pass but im side by side max revs in second into 3rd

Side by side max revs in 2nd but yet you pass him at 30mph :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - eh? 2nd gear is 30mph... 2nd gear can be 0mph... sorry, what was your point that you have proved? That cars have more than 1 gear???

This proves my point :lol: Look at my above post and tell me the glaring difference :lol:

Anyway i'll leave you all to argue amongst yourselves about how your shit heaps are so much better than every other car made. I've had my fun but this is boring :roll: :roll: - How can you be getting bored? I thought you lived for this sort of thing, afterall your famous throughout the boards as being a keyboard warrior and are generally ridiculed... :lol:

I'll pop my head in, in about a week to see if your all just as sad :lol: - I can only pray someone closes the door on your head :lol:

I'm amazed your an engineer, you come accross as being rather half witted from your posts and completely 1 dimensional. Did you actually go to study engineering, or did you do your degree day release from Mac D's training academy? Judging by the fact you paid for your car outright you either A) have no social life or friends and saved the money up, B) your actually talking shite and had to remortgage your parents house or C) mummy and daddy bought it... but then again, their not really that expensive when you look at it, the amount I've spent on my car I could have had one... but then again they are dull, which aint me.

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 10:36
You paid 16k cash for a brand new car? And a SEAT at that

Might as well burn your money. How much have you lost in depreciation? 5k? 6K? Id keep the Brembos, because pretty soon they will be worth more than the car.

I think it says alot about your personality that you have 16k cash and you go and buy a Cupra R. Id have bought any of these over it:

Lotus Carlton
P1
Focus RS
A Minter than mint Delta Integrale
Z3M Coupe

But then i like my cars to give me an ownership experience rather than a Jabba Thrill.

*imagines Peter Kay infront of a mobile disco*

'Ok this ones going out to Mitchy....JABBA'

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 11:45
P1...Why??

Its a 1st generation impreza and £16000 for a 5-6yr old car with no warranty does not interest me. Having already owned an impreza that was P1 quick i wont be going back to the classic impreza. Its got the wrong image now :cry:

FRS...I was very very close, but was tempted by the remap capabilities of the 1.8T. A chipped R is quicker than a chipped focus RS and the LCR is a bit more comfier. it would have also been near end of warranty time which put me off aswell.

I opted for the R as for £500 it puts the car into 275bhp/300lbft mode which you cant argue with.

As to depreciation and wasting my cash? I initially got a £5000 loan for my 1st car which was an MG ZR160 :oops: I already had £6000 saved in the bank so i splashed £11000 on that. I wrote the car off in a bad accident and received £12000 back from the insurance :lol: The £5000 was already paid off so basically the £12000 cheque was mine. An additional £2000 was added to that for the CTR but i never truelly got to grips with that car hence i sold it after 3-4 months and once again made some cash on it. Bought it for £13800 and sold it for just over £14000.

I stepped down in the market and bought a 99 plate classic impreza for £9000. Kept it a while and this is the only car i've lost money on as i sold it for £8200. I didn't like the way the impreza was going as it was getting a chav icon for itself and it had no warranty so i ditched that in for the cupra R which i only paid £14000 for.

Ive learned to always be the 2nd owner of a car, that way the 1st driver loses out on the massive depreciation. Ie The car was bought for £18500 and it was sold to me for £14000. The 1st buyer has already taken the brunt of the depreciation.

Its certainly the best car out of the 4 i have owned and dont regret it 1 bit. I think i'll keep this car a while now and go for a nice TVR tuscan in a year or 2's time.

This didn't start off as me vs williams rubbish and what is better and so on and so on. I only said that for the speeds mentioned 1 car will not pull significantly on the other IF both drivers were on the ball. There are already some glaring mistakes in his statements. Ie he passed him @ 30mph but he was maxxing revs in 2nd gear? You know as well as i do max revs in 2nd gear is around 55-60mph!

NickFr
05-05-2005, 12:17
" Nick I have pride in what i drive hence i don't drive an old shit heap like a clio williams!"

The problem is YOU have chosen to come onto a Williams-16v Mk1 site, the comments like the one above are both offensive and frankly nonsense, if you think these cars are shit, why come onto the site, I notice that you are highly selective of the points you choose to answer. The fact is and the fact remains your car has no heritage, it uses an Audi engine which is not unique to this car, unlike the Williams, in fact has no significant characteristics of its own at all.

I live in the country where the hot hatch is KING, I have never seen a LCR which speaks volumes for how good this car is supposed to be.

Put up or shut up!!

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 12:26
Nick surely you dont expect me to sit quiet with the abuse that i am receiving :lol:

Looking at the thread who started all this rubbish of slating each others cars :lol:

big hp
05-05-2005, 12:35
Mitchy come to the sprint day. I'll pay for you.

Put up or shut up. The challenge is on the table.

Ignoring me Mitchy?

Rudders16v
05-05-2005, 12:36
I don't normally get involved in all this kind of drivel but here goes.......

Mitchy, if your opinion of the Williams is that it's a shit heap, then why come onto a site used by so many owners?
I've got nothing against you, or your car. The fact that you wish to call the Williams a shit heap is up to you, i own one, and im glad that i do, i've owned several other cars, some more expensive, some less. My girlf's got a £15k 206cc but we both enjoy using the Williams, its not all down to money/age of car for everyone

These driving tales are and always will be very one sided. Im sure the driver of the Leon's story would have been more along the lines of not seeing the Clio til the last minute. Who knows, none of us were there.
I do however see what you are saying about how bigjim's recollection of the event is somewhat unstable. And i agree, to pull several cars lenghts on another "hot hatch" takes some doing, and certainly shouldn't be possible over something like a LCR if BOTH drivers are trying. But how do we know that the Leon driver WAS trying his hardest? I'll often have a little play with xr2's and such like, and i know i can beat them, but that doesn't mean that i have to every time, sometimes its satisfying just to bite a little and then let them think they've got one over on you

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 12:36
Mitchy, the reason i like the p1 is that is it so user firendly. I call it a fools car, because you just press the throttle and it goes and grips. It makes average drivers look very talented.

Ive never been in a car like it (although i am sure the Evo and other high performance scoobs are the same). It is almost impossible to get it do do anything unpredictable. It seems to grip everywhere, its very neutral in corners and the brakes are frankly amazing.

I can see where Clarkson was coming from on that Evo v Lambo test he did. Yes he is right, a fat middle aged man in a P1 could easily embarrass a good driver in a Ferrari.

But if you hadnt noticed my list of cars is more than about speed. Its about ownership appeal and ownership experience.

I could buy a faster Impreza than the P1. But i like the rarity of it (if i could get one of the white ones 0001 or 0002, i would be even happier). I like things that are rare ( i went to spain to buy a pair of cowboy boots that i knew were high quality and nobody in Britain imports once). I have a silver bracelette that was made bespoke for me at great costs. All those cars are not the best cars in the world, they have their faults just as thre Williams does, but they are all things i desire.

The point is that you obviously see a car as a tool to travel as fast as possible in as much comfort as possible. I am a geeky car collector. Thats why you would never buy a Clio Williams and restore it, and i would never buy a Cupra R.

I dont need to travel fast as i can, as i prefere the other things my car brings me. I meet interesting people, i get invited to interesting places. That for me is more important than 60-120 tests. If i had a Carlton id probably drive that slow too. :D

J o n
05-05-2005, 12:40
no one started out by slating 'your' car... unless you now claim to own all Leons? you merely disagreed with what was written in your usual verbose posts and then proceded to show us why everyone thinks your such a boring twat... and GOD ARE YOU BORING! The fact is you cant see past a data sheet and assume that every car that comes off the production line is the same... well, as they are NOT blue printed from the factory this is not the case, some are slower, some are faster... as an engineer I would expect you to know and realise this... instead I think your some 17 year old old teen suffering from some kind of abnormality that just prints lies.

Your not called Mitchy
Your in fact a 7 year old girl
You dont have a car
You cant even drive
You scream yourself to sleep everynight
You have no friends

May I suggest that you go play on the M1? :lol:

big hp
05-05-2005, 12:41
LOLOL

Go Jesus!

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 12:43
Jesus makes a fair point. Having owned two Williams' with completely different characteristics, i can assure you that some williams' are alot faster than others.

NickFr
05-05-2005, 12:44
Oh Shaun, you are so GOOD! I wish my wheel rims were as shiny as your Halo 8)

Point is, this is the wrong forum for LCR and Mitchy, a bit like a Pig posting on a site for Jewish cooking. :lol:

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 12:47
Its nice having varied opinions on here though.

The Cupra R is a fast car no denying it. But it looks like a sack of shite and has no pedigree

J o n
05-05-2005, 12:52
Its nice having varied opinions on here though.

The Cupra R is a fast car no denying it. But it looks like a sack of shite and has no pedigree

kind of like the owner... lack imagination :roll: :lol:

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 12:55
Jesus your a good lad you always get me smiling :lol:

Ive already once stated what i truelly think of the williams. All the other drivel is in retaliation to just you jesus :wink:

J o n
05-05-2005, 12:58
back from the M1 so soon!? :shock:

anyway, i'll let you get on, i'm sure there's a village being deprived of an idiot somewhere...

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 12:59
LOL, driving tales is back.

Mitchy
05-05-2005, 13:01
just need to import davegti now :lol:

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 13:02
Hes registered, where the hell is he?

J o n
05-05-2005, 13:03
I like driving tales... it's as good as going fishing Rob :lol:

...plus you get people coming on sounding off getting all upset and it gives us chance to practice our English using typical Brit sarcasm... aaah, the lowest form of humour, but a good source non the less.

NickFr
05-05-2005, 13:04
Funny as ****, PMSL all morning :wink:

J o n
05-05-2005, 13:07
... hope we didn't scare Dave off... :?

...although he has nothing to worry about now he drives an RX7...

KingStromba
05-05-2005, 13:07
Dave is making bread.

bigjim
05-05-2005, 14:07
ok maybe it wasnt 30mph when i started passing him all i know was i was in second and passing him and he had started to try, maybe he was in 3rd i dont know all i said was i was nailing it he didnt want me to pass so made an effort to stop me passing but couldnt, im well aware the leon is a quicker car at higher speeds but i think he underestamated the accelaration of the willy up to 80mph or whatever it was, i was too busy concentrating on the road to check the speedo every second. sorry mitchy that i had the cheek to give my shitty old williams some stick down the dual carriageway and overtook what must be an invinible cupra r. next time i will know better. now please go back to cliosport or cupra.net and stop slagging of williams. i didnt start this thread to slate cupras, i just told it as it happened.

2 live
05-05-2005, 14:14
lol. never really had a do against a lcr tbh

but sounds like itd be a waste of petrol for me lol

Mark_Ritchspeed
05-05-2005, 18:44
0-60's not my thing jesus.

60-160 is :lol:

I also like "racing" at those speeds. Will I have to stop at 160 or can we keep going? :wink:

J o n
06-05-2005, 12:09
just noticed that 0-60 nonsense... LOL @ 60-160, what an utter cumsponge. it would take him forever to get to that speed on his trike!

what times Mitchy back from the crèche anyway?

Mitchy
06-05-2005, 16:46
LOL....If only you knew.

Had 156 GPS reading on M62 just a couple of weeks ago! Speedo was reading about 166mph :lol: This is because 6th gear revs run out!

The LCR is very very quick once moving as standard never mind in 320bhp and 350lbft mode. All through the front wheels with no heavy scoob or evo transmission losses. I worked out my car had 12% losses as opposed to say 25% for my old scooby. It would take a scoob/evo with over 400bhp to pull any ground on me (60-160)

Whats good about 0-60? Its for gimps like you bigging up your novas on a saturday night. Try real performance 60-160!!! :lol: Love to see you try :lol:

Its very very quick and has no problems pulling past 160mph. Quickly too :lol:

I dont suppose you've ever been above 100 in your heap jesus! It would fall apart and shake rattle and roll :lol:

Your in the little league mate. Struggling for 200hp :lol: Whats your torque? About 150lbft?? PMSL :lol:

Get a grip and save your pocket money on something quicker than a lawnmower :lol:

The word chavster comes to mind thinking of you jesus! Thank god i'm not you!

Put that up your pipe and shove it up your ass :lol:

Ps....I love you too :wink:

Mitchy
06-05-2005, 17:07
http://www.roadrunner-tours.com/cliowil6.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/MitchyLCR/LCR.jpg

KingStromba
06-05-2005, 17:13
So youll come to the sprint day and show up our cars then mitchy. Well pay for you if you come. But you wont because you know on a track in the right hands all the Williams there will toast you.

There is more to going fast that BHP. Balance and handling play a part too.

Mitchy
06-05-2005, 17:14
You'd have to be a complete idiot to think the top picture was better :lol:

I would come along but not knowing how friendly or ruffnecks you lot are. Is it worth the risk :lol:

I'd pretty much say you'd spank my ass on track until i had a bit of experience. No shame in that!

KingStromba
06-05-2005, 17:16
I dare you to come to the sprint day and show us what 350 BHP can do then.

Well pay if you come.

Mitchy
06-05-2005, 17:22
320 stromba, 320. Wont push it any further than that as traction is a right pain in the hoop.

I've not madly tuned the car, just all the usual stuff including the remap. It's on nitrous hence 320bhp/350lbft. Off nitrous its 280bhp/300lbft. I dont believe in engine/gearbox changing with big turbo kits etc. What a waste of money! If you want something faster. Buy a faster car to begin with is my motto! Its 100hp and 140lbft up on standard so that is as far as im going before the Tuscan S comes along when im 25.

BTW i'm only messing with the chav stuff for the rest of you, as ive said before the williams is a very capable car. Its a little known slagging match between me and gayboy jesus so no offence intended to the rest of you :lol:

Where and when is it stromba? Will i need to bring a machete and some of my henchmen?

KingStromba
06-05-2005, 17:32
No, i just want to hand you your ass on a plate in the 1.4 hire car im coming in.

Its in general chat under Sprint day. Mark is the topic author. No need to henchmen. You are more than welcome.

Mark_Ritchspeed
06-05-2005, 19:16
Can I run the 400bhp Supra in the modified class? No need for nitrous with a proper engine. Simple exhaust. induction and Greddy ECU:wink:

KingStromba
06-05-2005, 19:19
I didnt realise Mitchy was running NOS. Haha. Bolt on penis extension.

J o n
06-05-2005, 19:20
LOL....If only you knew.

Had 156 GPS reading on M62 just a couple of weeks ago! Speedo was reading about 166mph :lol: This is because 6th gear revs run out! - big deal, i've had my Clio off the clock without the use of forced induction.
The LCR is very very quick once moving as standard never mind in 320bhp and 350lbft mode. All through the front wheels with no heavy scoob or evo transmission losses. I worked out my car had 12% losses as opposed to say 25% for my old scooby. It would take a scoob/evo with over 400bhp to pull any ground on me (60-160) - but as stated below your car isn't 320bhp, you use NOS... although I dont know why if you never 1/4 mile your car... guess that makes you a chav buddy ;) For the record, a 400bhp anything would wipe the floor with a 320bhp Leon that's only 280bhp... tit :roll:
Whats good about 0-60? Its for gimps like you bigging up your novas on a saturday night. Try real performance 60-160!!! :lol: Love to see you try :lol: - exactly, what is all this about 0-60, i dont recall saying 0-60 is a good indicator of speed... in fact 0-60 is a completely shit indication of speed. Real performance of 60-160... that's for day glow faggots, try 0-200mph... anymore figures we can throw in for good measure while we're here? Also do I or have I owned a Nova... I'd have to think hard about that one... don't Nova drivers normally go to Scoobs anyway? :lol:

Its very very quick and has no problems pulling past 160mph. Quickly too :lol: - well clearly it does if it only does 156mph :roll:

I dont suppose you've ever been above 100 in your heap jesus! It would fall apart and shake rattle and roll :lol: - of course not, my car can only go 0-60... just like every other Williams ever made :lol: As for rattles... ask people how much my car rattles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your in the little league mate. Struggling for 200hp :lol: Whats your torque? About 150lbft?? PMSL :lol: - i'm not actually struggling for 200bhp, as i'm not aiming for 200bhp, i'm quite happy in the knowledge that on roads I'd still dispatch you with far less power... I think you forget roads have corners... come to the sprint day tho and we'll see either way, I dont mind been proven wrong, so come and do it :wink:

Get a grip and save your pocket money on something quicker than a lawnmower :lol: - well I was saving for a Leon, but in the test drive the lawnmower smoked me... I was pulling slightly on the straight, but understeered into and phone box. Luckily they were cool about it, I took them for a drive in a proper car and they said they would call it quits. See, you cant put a value on fun... how much did it cost to be boring Mitchy?
The word chavster comes to mind thinking of you jesus! Thank god i'm not you! - i'm surprised anything enters your little head my friend... yes, thank god your not as smart as me, I may have trouble making you look a fool then... bite little fishy... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Put that up your pipe and shove it up your ass :lol: - hmm, this wont quite be possible... I would need two asses you half wit... anyway, I grow tired of making people laugh at you. Be gone with you beggar :lol:

Ps....Any way, i'm of to Burger King, it's the German car owners club night, neons and phat toooones to play :wink: - very well, off you go

J o n
06-05-2005, 19:32
You'd have to be a complete idiot to think the top picture was better :lol: - the fact that it's subjective doesn't really register with you does it? :lol: I wish I was as thick as you, life would be so much simpler... again, excuse the pun...

I would come along but not knowing how friendly or ruffnecks you lot are. Is it worth the risk :lol: - ruffnecks? are you casting dispersions about our background based on the cars we own? come to think of it you do like to make out your loaded by your arrogant self loving posts... I therefore can concur that you have a small penis... hey Mitchy, remember this?

http:/mitchy.has-a-small-penis.com/

Go get em big boy :wink:

I'd pretty much say you'd spank my ass on track until i had a bit of experience. No shame in that!

Mitchy
06-05-2005, 21:05
Jesus 166 on clocks. 156 true speed! The car will not go any faster!

Its like you getting 150 on the clocks but true speed around 140. I doubt any clio is capable of a true 156mph apart from the V6.

I dont claim to be a modding guru mate. I had the choice of spending £5000 on a big turbo conversion taking me upto 350bhp/350lbft but i chose to spend £1500 on nitrous getting me 320 and 350lbft. I think you'll agree running that through the fronts is pretty quick. Its not a supercar its a day to day hatch that keeps me happy! I do a fair bit of milage and its a fairly relaxed car. Yes your right everyday its a 280hp/300lbft car but i have the choice to make it a bit more quicker with the touch of a button. its cheating in a way but its a good investment as its transferrable from car to car. A big turbo conversion is a waste of money IMO.

I'll stop arguing with you now and let the thread die down. it does belong in the bin :lol:

NickFr
06-05-2005, 21:16
Good point getting bored now, lets end it with the best word of the thread as used by Jesus......

CUMSPONGE!! :lol:

KingStromba
06-05-2005, 22:11
Please comeon the sprint day Mitchy. You know you want to. You can go in the Cupra R category.

KingStromba
07-05-2005, 00:52
And yes i think the williams looks loads better than the audis :wink:

2 live
07-05-2005, 09:45
lol......cheating to get the power huh??

now mines not very wildly modded mate...but i reckon id still give u a good run...and i believe urs is a jabbasport mapped ?? did wayne do it?

kendo
07-05-2005, 12:30
Agree.
Does the guy whos slating clio williams own one? or has he ever owned one? I love my williams but first and foremost I am a CAR enthusiast regardless of marque or manufacturer its not my style to slag any other persons car, granted a leon cupra sport is not the car I would buy if I had money burning a hole in my pocket. I would choose an original reno 5 maxi turbo and heres my point every ones opinion is different but why come on a williams forum and slag the car off ????? wheres the love :D

KingStromba
07-05-2005, 13:21
Mitchy, for all his faults, does (i am ashamed to say) sometimes speak alot of sense.

He bigs up his car alot, but he is quite knowledgable about certain stuff. Nice to have variety on the forum.

I do agree with alot of what he says. But i would like him to go in a Williams with a decent driver to show what this amazing little car can do.

NickFr
07-05-2005, 14:08
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.....HE could do with a little less self backslapping and give a little more credit to others...he expected to get banned earlier in this thread!!

He is lucky that this forum is not over modded by people running on NOS and being too quick to judge users overstepping the mark :wink:

Forum hopping and baiting is a dangerous pastime and requires tact and a little diplomacy......being right is fine but acknowledging when your wrong should be dispensed in equal measure!!

KingStromba
07-05-2005, 15:36
I like Mitchy cos like me, even when hes wrong, he wont admit it. Stick to your guns thats what i say. :wink:

NickFr
07-05-2005, 15:51
I like Mitchy cos like me, even when hes wrong, he wont admit it. Stick to your guns thats what i say. :wink:

LOL Your humility is like a beacon in the dark :roll:

Mitchy
07-05-2005, 16:09

Cheers stromba, your not to bad yourself. :wink:

All this me ripping into the williams is just to wind jesus up :lol:

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-05-2005, 18:13
The LCR is very very quick once moving as standard never mind in 320bhp and 350lbft mode. All through the front wheels with no heavy scoob or evo transmission losses. I worked out my car had 12% losses as opposed to say 25% for my old scooby. It would take a scoob/evo with over 400bhp to pull any ground on me (60-160)

[/size]

Dont you believe it. Scoobies I will agree do suffer from heavy power losses in the transmission. Evos are in a completely different planet when it comes to efficient 4wd transmissions. I would happily stake my bollocks that a genuine 350bhp Evo (any version) would completely destroy your car in a straight line dash. In fact one of our customers track prepared Evo2's which is running around 300bhp would quite easily whoop it. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

stan
07-05-2005, 20:40
My mates just bought an Audi RS2....thats a fast car. But it can handle it. was as solid as a rock at 160mph on the M6 yesterday (at 5000RPM, redlines at 7750)

Mitchy...

The offer has been made for a non -"keyboard battle" i.e. u bring your car to the track. Now if u are that sure of its/yours abilities, why dont you take up the offer of a free run? Ive seen u ignore the offer...makes me wonder....

big hp
07-05-2005, 21:31
I'm glad you can see the offer stan, i thought my offer must of not been showing on other pc's. :wink:

Tommo
07-05-2005, 22:18
I bought my Williams because I like small, light, fast and exclusive hot hatches and the Williams has all of those qualities and is probably one of the finest front wheel drive cars ever produced - so good that 11 years on there isn't really a hot hatch today which can better the all round abilities of the Williams. As EVO says in the knowledge - 'best hot hatch ever'

Yes the Seat is fast and would probably out peform a standard willy in a drag race but any car can go fast in a straight line with turbos, NOS etc. on a track a williams would destroy even a highly tuned Seat because power is nothing without control. Even a standard 205 GTI would kick your ass on a track (have you seen the video on this website of a standard 205 GTI keeping up with a WR1??)

As for the looks thing.....the Williams does look a bit dated but at the end of the day it's an 11 yr old car and it still attracts attention - you think your Seat could make people stop and stare at it in 11 years, I think not!!

I can understand you wanting to defend your corner about a driving tale, but it's a bit daft to come onto a Williams website and start insulting our cars as it does offend a lot of people on here....

lagerlout1
08-05-2005, 13:05
Quote Tommo
"As for the looks thing.....the Williams does look a bit dated but at the end of the day it's an 11 yr old car and it still attracts attention - you think your Seat could make people stop and stare at it in 11 years, I think not!!"

Thats exactly what I thought about when I saw the pictures, but I couldn't put it into words. I don't even own a Williams and in an unbiased opinion the Seat looks dull, boring and completely uninspiring. The Williams looks like it could drive off the road and set off through a forest stage without blinking and eye. :twisted:

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 14:14
*homers voice*

hmmmmm, forest stage

NickFr
08-05-2005, 16:03
*homers voice*

hmmmmm, forest stage

hmmmmm, forest stage * Yoda's* voice

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 18:21
[/size]

I would happily stake my bollocks that a genuine 350bhp Evo (any version) would completely destroy your car in a straight line dash.

350bhp going through 4 wheels with 320 going through 2 wheels and you'd stake your bolllocks on the 350bhp car completely destroying the other :lol: :lol:

Shows how much you know matey :lol:

Its not torque either as mine will probably have more than the Evo being around the 350lbft mark and also in a lighter car.

4wd transmission losses are mahoosive. 350 @ flywheel on a 4wd car will be around 240-250 @ wheels. 350@ flywheel on FWD will be around 300bhp @ wheels.

Go figure that 1 out and tell me why an Evo will absoloutly destroy me :lol:

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 20:24
Bring your car along to the sprint day then. I will borrow the Evo2 with "only" 300bhp and show you just how much power it loses through the transmission. :wink:

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 20:30
My moneys on Mark :D

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 20:50
Your kidding yourself if you think it dont suffer from high losses :roll: Its a 10 yr old 4 wd car. A hardly advanced 4 wd system. :roll:

Of course if its a stripped down track car with racing gearbox then i'll have no chance. If its a road going normal evo 2 then im confident you would not pose any threat at all.

There wont be much difference between scooby and evo 4wd losses and they really are hurrendous.

My scooby was circa 280 @ flywheel with 195 @ wheels :shock:

Evos are a chavs dream and are highly over rated :P

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 20:54
I suggest you try taking a Scoob and an Evo to a rolling road. The differences are huge.

And yes, its a road going Evo2, but it is caged, is running on race suspension, brakes and has Cusco diffs in. The engine runs only basic mods . This one wont pull to 160mph though as it has proper gearing. I will happily race you in our overweight Supra to 160mph though.

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 20:57
p.s If we can start at 60 mph for the 160mph dash that will give me a chance to stop wheelspinning the big fat rear tyres. :twisted:

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 20:59
Mark there's bugger all difference between a scoob and an evo performance wise so if the differences are huge, why is this not transferred onto the road?

Im not on about UK version scoobies! Im on about type R/RA/spec C etc

Its unfair comparing scoobies and evos when you take the cack 215bhp UK version! It has to be Jap spec Type R etc.

Every evo released (bar Fq400) there has been an equivelant scoob as quick if not quicker so this would suggest TX losses cant be that different.

Im not silly enough to get into a supra debate mate, thats a total different car and would hand near enough any car its ass on a plate.

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 21:02
Having vast experience of both cars in almost every version, I can honestly tell you, you have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
For reference a 2004 Sti7 Scoob would struggle to stay with an old Evo2 or 3. Regardless of what you have read in mags.

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 21:10
Typical evo owner. head stuck up own arse!

Evos are so much better than scoobs?? Why?? Give me technical info instead of max power chat to back up your claims! Evo 6 vs P1.....Not a nats cock in it! Evo Fq 300 vs Sti PPP.....Not a nats cock in it!!

The only evo that will easily beat an impreza is the 400 car.

Why compare an Evo 2 to a scooby sti 7? Why not a scooby Sti 4 Type R?? Or 3 RA? Because the scoob would piss all over it.

Because an Sti 7 is a bug eye lard arse and your trying to win an argument that aint working! (what a lame comparison. Evo 2 vs scooby 7. LOL :lol: )

Its like comparing a classic Scooby type R to an overweight lard ass Evo 7. LOL!!

The scoob R would piss all over it!

Compare the same type of car at least! Bugeye vs 1st gen Evo is hardly fair :roll:

Too many mis informed people refer to the impreza's performance as being UK type. Get in a jap spec Type R/RA/Spec C and then you'll know what an impreza is all about.

An evo will not be leaving any jap spec scoob trailing miles behind in its rear view.

FlamingMonkey
08-05-2005, 21:18
](*,) \:D/ O:)

big hp
08-05-2005, 21:33
Mitchy,

Enough ot the bollocks and put up or shut up. I've laid the challenge down days ago but you conveniently haven't replied.

Its simple enough really.

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-05-2005, 22:03
Typical evo owner. head stuck up own arse!

Evos are so much better than scoobs?? Why?? Give me technical info instead of max power chat to back up your claims! Evo 6 vs P1.....Not a nats cock in it! Evo Fq 300 vs Sti PPP.....Not a nats cock in it!!

The only evo that will easily beat an impreza is the 400 car.

Why compare an Evo 2 to a scooby sti 7? Why not a scooby Sti 4 Type R?? Or 3 RA? Because the scoob would piss all over it.

Because an Sti 7 is a bug eye lard arse and your trying to win an argument that aint working! (what a lame comparison. Evo 2 vs scooby 7. LOL :lol: )

Its like comparing a classic Scooby type R to an overweight lard ass Evo 7. LOL!!

The scoob R would piss all over it!

Compare the same type of car at least! Bugeye vs 1st gen Evo is hardly fair :roll:

Too many mis informed people refer to the impreza's performance as being UK type. Get in a jap spec Type R/RA/Spec C and then you'll know what an impreza is all about.

An evo will not be leaving any jap spec scoob trailing miles behind in its rear view.

LOL.You obviously have no idea what I do for a living do you? I deal mainly in Japanese imports in all varieties. Hence why I have experience of nearly all Jap spec Evos and Scoobs. Not all, but nearly. At the moment I have an Evo, but a month or so ago I had 2 Scoobs amongst others.

As for Imprezas, one of the very quickest Imprezas you will get is the very first JDM GC8 WRX, with lightweight bonnet, boot and very low gearing. The first UK spec that was quicker than the P1.

Anyway technical info is for retards, bring your POS Seat along to the sprint and get blown away by everything. Not just the Evo. :wink:

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 22:04
Put up or shut up what mate.

There's bollocks about scoobs being shite and evos being supercars when thats far from the truth.

With the attitude of some of you on here is it a wonder why i have not replied about meeting up with you lot.

I'd need to bring a 12'' machete and a ****ing revolver.

You lot dont exactly make people feel welcome :roll: :roll: (stromba being the only excluded, i'd happily meet up with him)

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 22:06
I couldn't give a monkeys what you do for a living.

Why compare an Evo 2 to an overweight bugeye? Your obviously not that technical :roll:

Evo fantasy land! Get the blinkers off!!

POS seat :lol: You own a 10 yr old clapped out Evo :lol:

Chav is not the word :lol:

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 22:16
LOL, calm down its only a comercial. :wink:

big hp
08-05-2005, 22:19
Sprint day, back up your claims. Well??????????

Thought not.

""Mods""

Can we ban mitchy please? I don't like suggesting it, sounds CSish but he's just come here to cause trouble. I for one am pissed off with it and its going to boil over I feel.

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 22:30
Show me where i have been offensive and started off an argument. :roll:

I have not, i have retaliated with a bit of banter about the clio williams being a heap. The same has been said about my car so is a direct retaliation. I did not start this cack off!

All im doing is standing put and defending my corner! Would you go to a meet with a bunch of people that spoke to you the way im being spoken too in this thread??

I'd love to come along and sprint my car but somehow with the way this thread is i dont think that's too sensible :roll:

I'll never back down and will always speak my mind! Evo's are in the same performance brackets as imprezas! END OF!!!!

BigBoreBri
08-05-2005, 22:41
I thought we left all the bitching behind at CS... :shock:

LCR is a nice car, although i wouldnt call it a hothatch...

Williams is a nice car, which i would call a hothatch...

IMO different leauges, so u cant compare... END OFF! :twisted:

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 23:01
Haha, i love this shit man. Dont ban Mitchy. He speaks alot of sense. Just take the critisism with a pinch of salt.

I agree with alot of what he says.

But its been scientifically proven that NOS makes you gay :wink:

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 23:05
Its only there for turbo lag and its only a 50hp shot.

Nothing like fast and the furious or shite like that but it does give a pleasant extra kick.

KingStromba
08-05-2005, 23:12
taken from the Journal of Biochemistry, 2004. 12: 34-56

'Heterosexual male volunteers exposed to NOS in our SEAT CUPRA R test car were 2000 times more likely to have sexual thoughts of other mens bums that our test subjects driving a Clio Williams'

'We conclude that regular users of NOS dramtically increased homosexual tendancies in the male volunteers tested. Our results provide the first conclusive data to suggest a gender change in NOS exposed drivers, and that Mitchy is indeed gay'

Cant argue with science mate :wink:

Mitchy
08-05-2005, 23:52
:lol: :lol: :lol:

J o n
09-05-2005, 08:17
Mitchy, I hope you aint taken anything i've said seriously and think you should deffo come to the sprint day... then i'll stab and shoot you Manchester style... just kidding :roll: :wink:

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 09:00
I think Mitchy would come, but hes bricking it incase we all have a wizz on his Jabba the hut

NickFr
09-05-2005, 09:01
Mitchy reminds me of my first Father in law, he was deep in conversation with my old man ref his passion and in depth knowledge of Nuclear submarines. He was rattling off facts left right and centre about one particular Nuc sub, all of which he had read in various BOOKS.

Dad was busy correcting him on virtually all of his comments, stating that he preffered to deal with the real facts. At this point Father in law gets real pissy....stating " you don't know what your talking about "

Dad calmy replies, well " I helped design it and was the Chief engineer on her for 10 years........End of conversation methinks...but NO in true Mitchy style he carries on argueing....DOH DOH

Give him his due skin as thick as a Rhino, with the brains to match :roll:

J o n
09-05-2005, 09:34
not forgetting the imagination of a goldfish... you do realise that your comment will be deemed chav too dont ya? :lol:

anyway, why we all being so harsh on the kid... afterall, he came on here to chat and not wind anyone up... has been perfectly polite too :roll:

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 11:52
But its nice having other peoples opinions, our first 5 page racing tale. :D

J o n
09-05-2005, 12:17
very true Stromba, plus it's an even bigger bonus when they are so predicatble and easy :lol:

seriously, I dont have anything personal against Mitchy, I'd really like for him to come on the Sprint Day and I swear to god I wont start any shit with him!!! I'm being serious now, no hard feeling, just get yourself along and see what it and you can do. It's only £30 and you'll prolly learn something too, I'm expecting to pick up some helpful driving tips and advice from the likes of Mark.

KingStromba
09-05-2005, 12:18
very true Stromba, plus it's an even bigger bonus when they are so predicatble and easy :lol:

seriously, I dont have anything personal against Mitchy, I'd really like for him to come on the Sprint Day and I swear to god I wont start any shit with him!!! I'm being serious now, no hard feeling, just get yourself along and see what it and you can do. It's only £30 and you'll prolly learn something too, I'm expecting to pick up some helpful driving tips and advice from the likes of Stromba.

Cheers pal, always happy to teach :wink:

J o n
09-05-2005, 12:20
Obi Wan has tought you well!

NickFr
09-05-2005, 12:22
Put DUCT tape on his mouth and let his driving do the talking.......should be a short conversation. :roll:

J o n
09-05-2005, 12:27
PMSL

2 live
09-05-2005, 12:59
lol..spesh in the lcr barge

bigjim
13-05-2005, 19:58
not been on here that long and only had the willy a few months but think ive set a record for longest driving tale thread already. ill have to go out and have some more races!

Jabba the...
26-05-2005, 19:29
LCR and any other skoda based cars inc the TT have possibly the dullest performance engine imaginable, the most incredible thing about these 225bhp engines is how u can still be so bored while drivin a turbo :lol:

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 20:28
:P

Jabba the...
26-05-2005, 20:40
[/size]

I would happily stake my bollocks that a genuine 350bhp Evo (any version) would completely destroy your car in a straight line dash.

4wd transmission losses are mahoosive. 350 @ flywheel on a 4wd car will be around 240-250 @ wheels. 350@ flywheel on FWD will be around 300bhp @ wheels.

Go figure that 1 out and tell me why an Evo will absoloutly destroy me :lol:
--------------------

its like a re union here innit even s**t for brains is on here, this is gonna be fun eh mitchy. verbal ass whoopin's for u mate just like the old days :lol:
ps evos have trick 4*4 systems which will destroy a fwd off the line like a mo fo so u'll be playin catch up on the quarter mile when u finally get your tyres to stop smokin!

case
27-05-2005, 20:42
Hehe. this topic has kept me entertained for about half an hour while i've been reading it.

and my favourite word has to be cumsponge. :lol: