PDA

View Full Version : Valver Problem,Help Urgent!

Ingram11
09-12-2006, 01:32
i know this is in the wrong place but ive put it in general just so i get a quicker response,so could you all please understand that,ok,since i got my valver its grinded into reverse ever single time,just thought this was a normal common prob,but in the recent month its bin slipping itself out of second,the other day i slipped it in second and went for third and it was stuck in second,had to pull over switch off and literally rag it out of second,then it was fine?earlyer it got stuck in second agen but wouldnt come back out,so i drove in second,then it comes out itself,20 mins after went to park up,reversed into my spot and switched off,gears feeling hard as they have bin for the past month but really worse,so it seems to be in neutral position,yet wont move only into what seems reverse,but acts as 1st?,the car cant be pushed unless its got clutch pedal to floor?i already had it boocked in for clutch pedal mechanism fitting on monday coz i alreaddy knew that was screwed,i really appreciate you reading this and would like some advise asap,is it clutch pedal,clutch itself,or gearbox,thanks lads

Foz
09-12-2006, 01:41
Am sure its just clio's lad, seriously for all people on here, our mate has a corsa sxi old shape one and nothing has ever broken on it. Its taken some abuse aswell hasnt it ing lad :D

DaveH
09-12-2006, 02:27
if its coming out of gears on its own its unlikely to be a clutch problem as that has already done its job, have you topped up the oil level on the box? there may well be a problem with the box but its best to cover all of the basics first i.e. sufficient oil, linkage, mounts etc before you start forking out for new gearboxes, id suggest whoever does the clutch assembly has a good look at it for you because its always better to see/experience the fault first hand to diagnose properly.

Coops
09-12-2006, 12:13
ai, main thing i'd say is check box oil level or even just renew it as a matter of elimination. then check gear linkage. but if the garage can have a look, all the better, but if they tell u box is ****ed, get a second or even third opinion to be safe

Ingram11
09-12-2006, 14:48
yeh,its still stuck in 3rd,and doesnt move unless clutch is down,n even then doesnt freeroll,

midge
09-12-2006, 18:25
your box is broken, i had the exact same thing.